Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket clutches?

563 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  freebird5150 
#1 ·
Now that I have a job again, I plan on going balls to the wall with this thing.

I'm looking at steel clutches vs kevlar clutches. Never had any experience with a STEEL clutch, but coming from AWD turbo cars, i know kevlar clutches kind of melt and turn into 'gel' after you beat the hell out of em (meaning, no hotlapping @ the drag strip)

I looked around for about 30 minutes and called a few local stores, and nobody sells carbon clutches (they grab harder and harder the hotter the get!)

anyone have any advice? I can feel the stock clutch slipping (8500 miles old) but it's still extremely driveable...(you wouldnt feel it unless you were racing from 0 mph)

#2 ·
barnett makes carbon clutches for just about everything. you can find kits for our bikes at plenty of online stores like 58cycle.com or parts411.com just to mention a couple. barnett is supposed to be the best in clutches and they offer complete kits that include the steel plates and new springs. the whole kit costs about $150 and should be well worth it.................

#3 ·
honestly, i heard positives and negatives about aftermarket clutches. I've heard the stock clutch is much better than any aftermarket set up for Street use. I wanted to go with Barnett but friends said it grabbed WAY to hard for the street. It chatters, and feels a little rough. Barnett may be good for track and race applications but i went with Stock for Track. Motocycle clutchs last a long time.

I recently did a clutch job with parts from ronayers.com @ 35k and let me tell you, it may a HUGE difference!

BUt that's just me and i didn't want to spend all the $$$. Anyone else have opinions on aftermarket clutchs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.