Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a new full exhaust for my 03 zx-6r. I need some help on which one to get. I really like the stock look (full exhaust mid mount with a metal can), I just want it to sound better, maybe louder and a little deeper? And of course with more performance! I will also be getting the power commander with it, if that helps with advice. Please let me know which exhaust you think is the best, in durability, sound, and performance. Also if you can provide links and/or pictures that would be great. Thanks in advance for the help,
Jonathon
2003 ZX-6R

·
Registered
1,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Yoshimura. Most awesome ever.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a Leo Vince full system and its awesome...hard to match the quality

·
Pursebully
37,556 Posts
is there any back pressure or anything else i need to worry about? will punching it out give me sound and performance i'm looking for?
Don't listen to him, you'll gain nothing but volume. One of the biggest benefits to aftermarket exhaust systems is weight savings. Once you get the stock exhaust off and compare it to aftermarket, you'll know why...it's significant.

I'd recommend Akrapovic. I had a full system on my 04 with a custom tuned PC3 and it performed very well. What kind of budget do you have?

Others I'd recommend are Leo Vince, Beet, & Arrow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
+1 FOR Delkevic USA
Its a good quality exhaust imo, for a 3rd of the price of the other big name brands, dont believe all the dyno graphics showing 10% increase in horsepower, save your money and buy a Delk, the model that I posted link for below is the best all around deal, it looks sweet, solid mounting position & hardware are solid and it sounds SICK as hell!

I have installed over a dozen and really like the way this model looks on our bike, You can can probably get a better deal then the price below, since your buying a complete system also..
DL10 14" Carbon Exhaust Muffler Silencer Slip on 636 Ninja ZX 6R zx6r 2003 2004 | eBay

OH YEAH no matter what you do get, Do not buy Dan Moto exhaust, PURE CRAP!

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
well if you dont have a cat to punch out, i'd just buy the $139.99 GP carbon fiber can off amazon.com

cheapest exhaust i've found to date, and it will do the job

·
Pursebully
37,556 Posts
I believe there's some sort of CAT in the muffler itself. It's primitive but I believe there's a honeycomb shaped structure in there for emissions reduction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts