Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I live I dont see too many sport bikes nevermind 05-06 ZX6's. So I dont get to hear many different types of exhaust. Does anyone know what the quietest aftermarket slip on is? I want to save some weight and change the tone but dont want it super loud under 4000 rpm. I leave pretty early in the morning and dont want to wake the neighbors. We live in a really really quiet neighborhood and want to be respectfull.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
i would say try looking for one that has a silencer in it..
Maybe the micron, or the jardine, or something from europe as they seem to all have some type of removable baffle.

Would say the Akra but it is a little rowdy even at idle,
you arent living in that Bullshit covenant community are you?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the neighborhood that I live in was built in the early 80's and 90% of the people that built the houses are still living in them. All of which are over 60. As the order folks die off the younger crowd moves in. I'm 30 with 2 kids and other than us there is another familly in their late 30's with one kid. The remaining 20 houses on our street are retired as well as the surrounding roads.

Any other comments?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know its funny you posted that site. I listened to everyone of those over and over and cant really tell the differnece as far as decibels go. A friend of mine has a yoshi pipe on his gixer and it sounds nothing like the clip from sportrider. Anyone actually hear any of the pipes listed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a jardine RT-ONE and you can buy the street or race baffle. I think you should go with the street baffle if you don't want it loud...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.