Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by zdive65
i heard the akrapovic is the choice, any comments?

john
Akrapovic is a killer system. But over rated in my opnion to. There are lots of really good quality systems that produce as much HP and light weight aspects that cost half as much. If you have the extra cash I say go for it. I personnally rather have an Arta, cause I like its tone better. But I was satisfied just buying a two brothers slip on. Your call though.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
For fit, finish and build quality... well I say you get what you pay for. That's why Akrapovic and Arata and some others cost more, and why some cost less. How much importance do you place on impeccable material quality, construction, and design? How much do you place on proven research (racing experience)? If all you want is a fartier sound, don't spend the coin on a higher-quality exhaust. All comes down to personal preference and the budget. Maybe a combination of money spent on a halfway decent exhaust and some suspension mods is the best choice. You'd be amazed at the difference aftermarket suspension mods can make in your enjoyment of the ride. Or maybe some money spent on track days. Point is, if you want the best of the best, it's likely Akrapovic (ok, Strong Bad... OR ARATA). But you're gonna pay for it, and some people couldn't justify the difference in price between that and a less expensive option like Hindle or Two Brothers or what have you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.