Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone here has a set of aftermarket foot pegs on their 250?

I've seen some ranging from $50-100. Most of these pegs are just for looks, but some claim to add a performance boost.

Does anyone here have a pair of aftermarket pegs, if so, what kind? Can you tell any noticeable difference in foot push steering responsiveness (i.e. pushing on the pegs to initiate lean)

Anyway, just curious if these were a worthy performance add on.
Cheers :)

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
IMO, if you are not a hardcore racer, probably not. Burt I have no personal experience with them.

Aesthetically, I think some of them look great.. haha.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMO, if you are not a hardcore racer, probably not. Burt I have no personal experience with them.

Aesthetically, I think some of them look great.. haha.
I go to the track every weekend and hit the twisties. I always scrape my feelers, so if pegs help cornering in any way, then I definitely need some.:rolleyes:

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
No it won't and if you're scraping hard parts then you need to reconsider your body positioning.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
No it won't and if you're scraping hard parts then you need to reconsider your body positioning.
^^^ ;)

And aftermarket pegs aren't going to do you anything. Just remove the feelers from the stock pegs if you're concerned about scrapping them :dunno:.

It probably is mostly a body position thing if you're really scrapping that much though. I'm pretty sure Kurosaki has stock pegs on his Too-Fiddy and has done a many trackdays on them without issue.

You might consider new rearsets or rearset raisers to RAISE the position of the pegs. That can give you an advantage in body positioning and ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
250's have stupidly low rearsets compared to the super sports. Although on stock tires (especially the IRC's) you will literally lowside before the pegs drag if you have decent B.P.

For track riding clip-ons and rearsets or rearset risers (much cheaper) make the 250's very aggressive and it's a world of difference.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
I go to the track every weekend and hit the twisties. I always scrape my feelers, so if pegs help cornering in any way, then I definitely need some.:rolleyes:
I don't have leathers to drag a knee atm, so yeah, I almost scrape the pegs.
What kind of track allows you to ride it without leathers? :confused:

Why would you even want to ride that agressively without leathers on?

I really like my aftermarket rearsets mainly because of the footpegs which become spikey at the end so I never feel like I might lose grip. I probably wouldn't with stock ones either but it gives me a sense of security to know that I'd probably rip off the bottom sole of my boots before "slipping"

If you're a hardcore track rider, your money is better spent on suspension from what I'm told.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ask control/TD organizer's during tech inspection to look at your problem & give ya some pointer's on how to solve this issue.
In this situation we can only speculate (with some doubt added) as to how you could address and fix this, unless you post photo's of peg's (damaged) and your BP/lean angle thru a turn. Has your bike been lowered, are fork's dropped way low in triple, is rear shock sagging/worn out?
I like photo's :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts