Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
looks like they do because the rod that connects to the gearbox is on the top instead of bottom. I was reassembling my factory rearsets yesterday and accidentally flipped the little part that clamps onto the gearbox upside down and i ran into the same issue. Preference I guess? I prefer it the way it is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Safety First:
Freeway Blaster Horn

It is a 12 volt horn made by Signal tone. Available at Pepboys and most other autoparts stores. It is 132dBs. That's 25dBs over stock. It uses the existing '03's horn bracket and wiring connectors. Absolutely no modification is required. Make sure to get the low note version. Model # F. Here is a picture:
Anyone know if you cant still get this (or something close to it)? I called Pepboys and they said it no longer existed...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you know where I can find the best deal on a used passenger seat for my 04 636. All the local places are trying to rip me off with new 80 dollars seats. Need a seat of any shape. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Using newer dial gauges with gear indicator:

The ZX636 gauge adapter for 2007 to 2011 style gauges is now available.
This has been an ongoing development over on the 05/06 section for the past three (!) years.
This is a plug and play solution for the 03 to 06 bikes.
The new style gauges fit on the same mounts without any modification.
The adapter lets you set up for different gearing (a bit like a built-in speedo healer).
You get the gear readout showing what gear your in !!!!
There is a PC application that lets you setup over USB to configure the adapter.
They cost $50 plus post - this is a forum driven project and I was keen to keep cost down.
A link to the latter part of the thread is here:
http://www.kawiforums.com/2005-2006-zx-6r/141415-06-06-zx636-zx6r-speedo-upgrade-tre-17.html#post2645428
Thanks
Extr400

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
how much are the gauges tho

·
Registered
31 Posts
Using newer dial gauges with gear indicator:

The ZX636 gauge adapter for 2007 to 2011 style gauges is now available.
This has been an ongoing development over on the 05/06 section for the past three (!) years.
This is a plug and play solution for the 03 to 06 bikes.
The new style gauges fit on the same mounts without any modification.
The adapter lets you set up for different gearing (a bit like a built-in speedo healer).
You get the gear readout showing what gear your in !!!!
There is a PC application that lets you setup over USB to configure the adapter.
They cost $50 plus post - this is a forum driven project and I was keen to keep cost down.
A link to the latter part of the thread is here:
http://www.kawiforums.com/2005-2006-zx-6r/141415-06-06-zx636-zx6r-speedo-upgrade-tre-17.html#post2645428
Thanks
Extr400
Mine works and looks great thank Extr400

281 - 297 of 297 Posts