Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the Vortex Rearsets for my 03 636, or maybe rosmoto rearsets (Like the ones in the aftermarket parts thread).

What is everyone's experience/opinions of aftermarket rearsets?

Also, I contacted the seller of this rearset http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140008386825&fromMakeTrack=true and asked if they have those available for 03-04 zx-6r.

1 more question.... the rearsets only work for 03-04, or is it 03-06? Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
The vortex are nice, but just know that the finish on the top of the pegs wears off a bit from you boots. I have them and that is the one complaint I have. If you are getting the stainless finish you won't have a problem. If you get the black like I did, they will fade a bit. Just gives the bike an old look.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have the satin polished Vortex Rear sets, and I have no complaints. But yes, they are very grippy, and will wear your boots fast, but IMO I would rather have that than my feet slipping of for some reason or other.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I use the ARATA rearsets and find them to be PERFECT...have been on bikes with other BRANDS and ONLY the SATOS's match the fit, feel and quality...Of course they are a little pricier then vortex,valmoto and some of the other ones you find on ebay.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Sato

Great adjustability, first class machining, extremely smooth slop free action, MotoGP (reverse) Shifting option, includes brake light switch, incredible grip on the pegs, adjustable travel/shiftingforce/shift lever length.

Who care's about the price when your skin and riding comfort is on the line? I never worry about slipping off the pegs now or need to constantly readjust my foot position on the pegs (which would constantly shift on the slippery stock units)

Added bonus is that there is no longer ANY vibration coming up thru the pegs... This confuses me as they are fixed and have a solid connection to the frame as opposed to the fold up stock units, but I'm not complaining... Fringe benefit I was not expecting...

Feanor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.