Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
There are several, a lot of riders love the Russell Day Long, and some like Corbin but complain it's to hard. I have a Baldwin and it's getting better every time I ride it, I think it's finally getting broken in, just came back from a 6 day trip and it was really nice. Sargent seat is another popular seat for the concours.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
There are several, a lot of riders love the Russell Day Long, and some like Corbin but complain it's to hard. I have a Baldwin and it's getting better every time I ride it, I think it's finally getting broken in, just came back from a 6 day trip and it was really nice. Sargent seat is another popular seat for the concours.
I have a Corbin seat and yes it's harder than the OEM seat. But I'll give it a while I just got it and I'm sure the leather needs to break in.

What makes the Corbin Seat great is the shape. The stock seat is like riding a horse without a saddle, your butt cheeks tend to separate because the seat is rounded on top, the Corbin seat is like a saddle, it's more flat and wider than the stock seat.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aftermarket Seat

It depends on type of riding you intend to do.
Personally I do more long distance than anything else.
The stock is terrible.
Tried a Corbin - Too hard.Took it apart and installed 3/4" of gel in both seats.That increased the pain range to about three hours.My personal experience only.
I have just purchased a Russel Day long based on many recomendations. Looks like it might be the answere for comfort but the down side is it raises you up.Once the snow melts and I get at least 500 miles on it I will know for sure.Might have to lower the suspension.
One thing for certain is that they have a tremendous warranty program and go above and beyond to make sure it is right for you.

Skeeter

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just bought a 2010 that had a Corbin on it. I like the shape and riding position, but it was/is hard, surprised me. Thinking of a sheepskin cover or some sort of gel cover for softness. I have only spent 2 1/2 hours on it nonstop.

·
Premium Member
15,937 Posts
I just bought a 2010 that had a Corbin on it. I like the shape and riding position, but it was/is hard, surprised me. Thinking of a sheepskin cover or some sort of gel cover for softness. I have only spent 2 1/2 hours on it nonstop.
That was my first impression too but after the leather breaks in I didn't find it too hard. It's still harder than the rubber OE seat, but not bad at all.

Because of the Corbin seat's shpe it's much better than the OE seat and doesn't need to be as soft as the OE seat in my opinion of course.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts