Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Need some suggestions for aftermarket turn signals for my bike. I currently have LP Short Stalk V's on there front and back. Not really too impressed with them though as they are built incredibly cheap and they are not sealed at all. Which means the plastic lense is always dirty and wet inside. Which means I'm steady changing bulbs and finally broke one of the tabs off the lense while taking it off to change the bulb:D
Therefore I am looking at getting something different. Anybody know of some signals that are better quality than LP but not as big and blocky as stock? I don't want flushmounts, so is has to be the "regular" style still. And I don't want the integrator in the rear, I want some signals back there seperate from the brake light.
Not too picky eh[:M55]
So fire away, what you have, what you would get, etc
Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I put the little carbon fiber ones from Shock Racing on mine. I think they look good, but they are not all that bright in the bright sunlight. I still have to get them where they don't flash so fast though.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like I said, they are not good at all in the bright sun. Here are a couple pics of mine with the garage lights off and then on.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Turn signals are crucial.. at least in my opinion. I want to be seen!

I still have my stock signals on right now but am hoping to get a nice setup soon.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fish,
are those lights from Shock Racing the ones they list as Superlites? I was looking at them, but if they're that dim i don't know...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everybody seems to have flushmounts and while they look kinda cool I gotta wonder...Can you actually tell they are blinking from the front? They all look like you could see them ok from the side, but who cares if people beside you can see that you're turning, I'm more concerned with the oncoming traffic.
Also, how bright are they compared to stock

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure what they're called, I bought them at my local shop. They do make ones just like mine, only about twice as big. They might be brighter, but if I wanted ones that big, I'd have left the stockers on. I may try something different later, but these work for me for now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nobody has anything to add or mention about flushmounts even? I just can't see how they could be near as visible??

·
Registered
409 Posts
The front Euro's (AKA flushmounts to some) mold in with the bodywork...but looking from the front there is about 1" that is visibile...so yes, you can see them fine from the front.

My buddy has a R1 with Hotbodies flushmounts and they are like you are saying...flush with fairing and point to the side...not sure how good they'd look from the front.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have some shock racing short stalk led fronts that are very bright, even during the day. They have 18 leds each, and not the little led bulbs either, these are good sized ones (the actual size of the signal is not huge, just saying that it doesn't have those tiny led bulbs). They cost me around $30 and have been great. I have integrated rear signals.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.