Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have pics of their aftermarket windscreens. i have a zero gravety one thats all black but i dont like the shape of it. it comes up too high. i was thinking about cutting some off the top but wanted to see what other options are out there. thanks in advance

·
Registered
358 Posts
I was going to take pics of my bike today (to show off my accessory outlet, which was just installed), but she needs a wash & wax first. I also have the Zero Gravity (double-bubble) windscreen, SKU 131926 from Motorcycle Superstore. I agree that it seems kinda tall even though it's not really longer than stock. I'm not too hot on the looks of it, but I think if I were tucking down behind a windscreen that was longer but not as tall, I'd get the feeling it was going to lop off my head if I hit a speed bump. I do like how much it pushes the air up, so I'm not getting smashed in the chest with wind at high speed if I'm riding more upright, and if I'm tucked down, it puts the air right at my helmet, where it can slide right over.

What is it you're looking for with an aftermarket windscreen?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just bought a scratched up screen off of eBay for my 2011 650 for 15 bucks...its in great shape just light scratches. My plan is to cut 4 & 5/8 inches off of it, sand all the scratches with fine sand paper and 'Night shade' it super dark...im not sure if I want to cut it straight across or curved. I just received this screen yesterday and I measured countless times to make sure its all uniformed evenly with the electrical tape, here's a pic, shows either straight or slight curve, haven't decided yet...will be cutting it up this weekend...Im also getting sport mirrors that are not as high so it will conform with a short screen...

·
Registered
92 Posts
If the screen was on the bike with the taped out markers would be a view for comments.
^^^Gotcha, Will do!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i like where you are going to cut the screen. id go for the curved look. also what mirrors are you talkin about? i want to make the bike look more of a sport bike rather than a cruiser.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am sporting the PUIG : http://i.ebayimg.com/06/!B9cc)OgBGk~$(KGrHqUOKnIEy3HFROG1BM5y1y1,5w~~0_35.JPG

Looks pretty ok, doesn't make the bike ugly and most importantly it gets you better protection from the debris and wind so I am happy :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
I haven’t had a chance to cut up my screen yet. Visiting with my daughter for 2 weeks but in a bout a week or so I will be continuing this project. The mirrors I’m going for are either the Monza or the Aero sport bike mirror found on ninja650shop.com ...I’m leaning towards the Aero; they have a nice thinner flow than the Monza's.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm about to pick up a 2009 650r, it's got a large touring windscreen on it. It looks way too big! Where can I get the original stock shield? I'm looking at zero gravity stock replacement, but do see that it's slightly different than the regular stock.

Anyone have any experience with the zero gravity stock replacement?

Also whats with the double bubble? (edit, read that it'll help wind reflect higher, I'm 5'9 so prolly don't have to worry about that...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts