Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way to work I noticed my little air duct screen thing fell off. How important is that thing. Should I be worried I'm gonna suck up a big bug or something?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
do big bugs hit your windscreen?

i mean an air filter is in there for a reason, the screen is to just help with rocks and larger stuff like angry people throwing hot dogs at you.

·
Registered
574 Posts
do big bugs hit your windscreen?

i mean an air filter is in there for a reason, the screen is to just help with rocks and larger stuff like angry people throwing hot dogs at you.
Better replace the screen then, I don't think BMC's or K&N's warranty's cover high velocity hotdogs...

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
also small mammals while in storage

·
Registered
28,050 Posts
I dunno, I had 3 butterflies in mine once. They mighta made me run lean without that screen.

Also keeps lizards out. Do you have lizards? I'll mail you some.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
oh, its funny because i hit a moth on my way home just a few min ago...screen is DEF there for a reason, that fucker almost clogged the whole screen.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I dunno, I had 3 butterflies in mine once. They mighta made me run lean without that screen.

Also keeps lizards out. Do you have lizards? I'll mail you some.
lmao.. I can picture 3 or 4 butterflies laying perfectly in symmetry on top your filter, just to make sure that you run lean.

Oh and as for the screen, you can see a ton of street fighter 7r's who don't even run the air ducts...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts