Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was riding my bike the other day and kept it at around 5000 RPM for about 20 seconds straight. When I let go of the gas I believe I felt some pressure coming from under the tank (see images). I thought I was just imagining it at first, but it has happened a couple of times now. Is anyone familiar with this?

Thanks in advance.
Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire

Watch Hood Motor vehicle Sleeve Automotive tire

Watch Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Sports equipment Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
97 Posts
It’s great in traffic on a hot Australian summers day :)
Roasts my crotch like an air fryer in the summer sometimes with where the air blows...better than overheating I guess.

Reactions: AndreasDamen

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Roasts my crotch like an air fryer in the summer sometimes with where the air blows...better than overheating I guess.
Trust me guys, our bike feels like air conditioning in comparison to others :p

Especially Ducati, they seem to design their bikes with leaving the rider impotent after ten minutes of riding solely in their mind.

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
381 Posts
Trust me guys, our bike feels like air conditioning in comparison to others :p

Especially Ducati, they seem to design their bikes with leaving the rider impotent after ten minutes of riding solely in their mind.
Funny you say that I swapped with a friend who has a Multi 1260, and it runs like 20°C cooler than my BMW, i never felt any heat from it the BMW starts making roasted thighs after a few minutes in city traffic lol...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Funny you say that I swapped with a friend who has a Multi 1260, and it runs like 20°C cooler than my BMW, i never felt any heat from it the BMW starts making roasted thighs after a few minutes in city traffic lol...
Maybe because it is more touring oriented and with a narrower engine in comparison to your I4?

Or maybe because it is an awesome bike overall :D

Don't want to "roast" Ducati here, no pun intended!

·
Registered
2011 Kawasaki ER-6F
381 Posts
Maybe because it is more touring oriented and with a narrower engine in comparison to your I4?

Or maybe because it is an awesome bike overall :D

Don't want to "roast" Ducati here, no pun intended!
True but it's the same engine that's in the older V2 panini makers, only tuned for more midrange but still making 160 bhp ish, and that's with a wider tank that shields your legs from wind much more so you'd feel it.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
True but it's the same engine that's in the older V2 panini makers, only tuned for more midrange but still making 160 bhp ish, and that's with a wider tank that shields your legs from wind much more so you'd feel it.
Ha ha, I bet that one can definitely press a panini between his crotch and a Ducati V2 :D

That V4 is a true gem in every aspect, maybe the exotic materials and the packaging help with the heat. Or a few more sleepless nights next to the espresso machine in the design booth!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts