Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take it you mean air filter instead of oil filter? Take it out and if you are going to smack it against something to get most of the dirt/etc. out be sure you hit the side that faces out on whatever you are hitting. Do not hit the clean inside side of the filter against anything. When you hit the outside it will knock all the shit out, but if you hit the inside it will only push it in farther. You can also blow through it with an air hose which works really well, but again be sure you blow from the good clean side to the dirty outside side of the filter.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah shit yes AIR FIlTER!! what kind of oil do you use adn do you drench it adn sqeeze it out or just apply on the ouside or inside with a cloth?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When changing your oil filter the bike manual explains to soak the whole filter while the service manual explains to tap it on the outside with a oiled tile. What do they mean by outside, (just one side, the side facing out or outside the bike...)

What have your experiances been and how did you do it?

Also what type of oil did you use, aif filter oil or 10W30?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use filter cleaner + oil from a company called No-Toil check them out (www.notoil.com) cleaner works GREAT! and you can dump it right down the drain, its biodegradable, the oil works great too, it uses a alcohol base, so it is thin and easy to apply, after application the alcohol evaporates and leaves the tacky red oil behind, stuff really works great, and is easy to use, is supposed to even increase HP. check out the site.

·
Registered
303 Posts
To clean the air filter, lightly tap it to remove any large junk. Then soak it in a bath of kerosene for ~20 minutes. Rinse it off with water and let it dry off. A fan helps to speed the process along.

To oil it, you don't have to go out and buy anything special. Empty out any old squeeze spray bottle you have lying around and rinse it out. Fill it with some oil. I use Mobil 1 15W-50 I have leftover from the last oil change. Spray the filter evenly on one side. Let soak in for a minute and blot off the rest with a paper towel. Flip and do the other side. Assemble the filter and you're done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.