Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a dumb-ass question but here goes anyway....

How do I get to the air filter on my 05 ZX-6R? I have removed the obvious bolts on the tank but that sucker wont move! I just stopped and put the screws and bolts back in before I broke something. Do you have to remove the tank?

Thanks in advance for the help....

·
Registered
394 Posts
I didn;t disconnect anything. Just loosen the tank bolt near your steering. Take off the rider seat and snd check for some other bolts just under or near your rider seat. Lift the tank from the steering side. Put a hammer or summin uprite under it to support it. Take out the screws of the airfilter and voila.

·
Registered
140 Posts
+1 just use something to prop the front end of the tank up. make sure its something that will fit inside the hole of your triple clamp bolt; that way it'll stay put.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
sounds funny, but i hook a bungie up to the front bolt on the tank, and then to the track on my garage door. ill take a pic some time and show you. its kinda getto, but hey it works fine and is free.

·
Registered
104 Posts
after you have done everything to prop it up (diconnecting wire harnesses and all the bolts) you might as well just disconnect the fuel line and take it right off makes everything much easier with the tank completely off.

wait until your tank is almost empty too that will make things a lot easier.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.