Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of air filters are you guys running? i heard that some make you lose hp (k&n). does anyone have a dyno chart showing gains over stock filter?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I've got a BMC race filter in my bike. I didn't notice any increase in power. The filters that come with bikes these days, especially the Kaw's are about as good as they get anyway.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad
I've got a BMC race filter in my bike. I didn't notice any increase in power. The filters that come with bikes these days, especially the Kaw's are about as good as they get anyway.
How true. I refuse to spend $60 on an aftermarket air filter when it won't change the bike's performance one bit.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about batteries?? do you guys take em out or get smaller, lighter ones? if you have no battery you have to put it in 6th and jump start it right?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116
how about batteries?? do you guys take em out or get smaller, lighter ones? if you have no battery you have to put it in 6th and jump start it right?
You put it in second and bump start it not jump start it, but unless your a world class racer, your not going to notice the weight difference

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.