Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I tried to do a "Heat" search, but the topic I'm looking for I couldn't find.

For some ODD reason, I have a mind block and can't think of the right words, so work with me.

On the '02 zx6r (& other models) in the front, you have two air openings which air flows into. One goes to the right, the other to the left. You have 2 covers you place on, right under the handle bar. I hope you guys are still with me.

On my bike, the right side, pictured, gets HOT as hell, but the left side is always cool. How serious is this? Or is this normal? Do I have a blockage? HELP!

~Jij

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
have you taken off the air intake covers(those black covers) and checked the air intake tubes?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I have never really checked that out but could it possibly be that the radiator hose on the left side is at the bottom and the one on the right side is at the top. Crazy idea, but maybe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Air intake tube!" That's what it's called!

Anyways, yeah, I took the complete front of the bike off... looked inside, there are no leaves that I see. The tubes that go inside the bike..well, they're like black holes so I can't really see inside.

Melloyello...come again? Little more clarification pleaz.

~Jij

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i don't think the air intake tubes would become hot if there was a block...air doesn't heat:D
melloyello might mean you have your radiator tubes the wrong places (the bottom feed in the top, and the top feed going into the bottom?)
more than likely you have a radiator problem and not a air flow through the air ram problem. the heat is just travelling up that way

·
Registered
363 Posts
That side of my bike does feel hotter than the other side. Its not the ram air tubes but ther motor and radiator heat underneath. The radiator fan is on the left, so after it comes on it will be a little warmer on the right. Also I have a sh#$ty radiator that is not flowing at 100% so that dont help. In general I would guess its normal for that side to be a little warm but not HOT. I could be wrong and our bikes could have the same problem but if something was cookin I think it would be well done in the 1500mi. Ive put on the bike since I finished it.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I don't have the covers on mine, and I never feel anything that I would call hot coming from just that side. The entire front end gets hot when at a stop, but no more the right than the left.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was just saying that the hose on the right side is up high near the intake tubes whereas the hose on the left is low away from the intake tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.