Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I wanted to get peoples on opinion on these mods. What are the pros and con sof both and which one is best?

I know you have to rejet the bike after wards, if you do either mod.
I plan on doing trackdays with my bike and want a nice boost in power, the stock power is too anemic, lol!

·
Registered
331 Posts
well jetting will give you the most power, air is very small usually 1hp but other people claim more. i got a pipe, jetted, airpod, and i can say i've gotten a good boost but dont expect that much.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I know, I can't expect too much, just which one is works best. I would like to get everyone's opinion on this.

I asked one friend of mine and he told me not to do it and just desnorkel because I was gonna lose low end power. But I find that hard to belive since the bike is gonna be able to breathe better.

Oh by the way I also have the full system also installed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Airbox removal is way better for the performance of any bike. Just make sure to reJet!!!

I havent altered my bike yet but I had a question, will my bike fail inspection if I
1. Add a Yoshi Slip on
2. Remove the airbox
3. Remove the Kleen air system
4. Rejet

I am getting impatient and want to finish my bike before I get my tags (and License) straight. I am in maryland not Cali so I havent a clue if the 250 would fail emisions.

I have all the parts- Just dont want to have to restore the bike to factory condition if I fail the inspection.

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
Ehhhh doing the airbox doesn't give you more power per se. It quickens throttle response though for sure! As has been said, getting your tuning right yields the best results. If you plan on doing the air box removal plan on spending a WEEKEND to get the damned thing out and pulling at least 5-6 test rides to get the jetting/shimming right.

I'd lean towards doing the snorkel (as it's EASY to do), shimming needles, and adjusting your idle mixture screws. That'll get you the most bang for the buck / time.

As for failing inspection? I LIVE in Cali and there's no inspections. The bike has to come from the factory with all that crap, but once it's yours there are no inspections or smog testings.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Airbox removal is way better for the performance of any bike. Just make sure to reJet!!!

I havent altered my bike yet but I had a question, will my bike fail inspection if I
1. Add a Yoshi Slip on
2. Remove the airbox
3. Remove the Kleen air system
4. Rejet

I am getting impatient and want to finish my bike before I get my tags (and License) straight. I am in maryland not Cali so I havent a clue if the 250 would fail emisions.

I have all the parts- Just dont want to have to restore the bike to factory condition if I fail the inspection.
Yup, no emissions testing on motorcycles here in Texas either. Just had mine inspected yesterday, $14.50...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts