Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Air Vents?

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  CerealKiller 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever cut air vents in the tail section like the Honda CBR's? I just drew up a design I am going to cut. (Pretty much just a square but rounded to match the bends of the tail) Any advice would help. I am going to do it this weekend. Mostly doing it to give to Hotbodies some air flow. Also going to vent it with mesh and I got the green LED's shinning out from it. Let me know what I should do. Thanks!

(The white paper will be the cut out, the other white lines are from the light but helps to see the actual bends of the tail)

This is what it would look like.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Won't have to water protect, my bike doesn't touch water, never has. I check the weather daily and use only certain products to clean my bike.

Defiantly like a black molding on the side. I am also going to cut it an an angle so you won't see any of the actual cut. Any way to protect the paint for chipping? I have heard to use painters tape.

#7 ·
That's a really nice design, but I'm wondering whether or not it might be as efficient as you hope it will be. I don't know whether or not the CBR1k vents are fully functional or not, and whether the underseat exhaust section is the open end type, as to let the air flow out.. but your hotbodies is a pretty much fully enclosed section.. where would all the air go?
Nevertheless, I still think its an innovative mod. The paper cut out is already showing images of the completed project.

#8 ·
Well, I figure there is the holes by the actual outlet of the exhaust. Near the taillight. and a small cut in the undertail also.

The CBR vents are functional at all. They have black plastic about 2 inches behind the vents covering up it all. It's all for design to them I guess. Also, I only cover about half the 3/4 of the seat while riding cause I huge my tank.

But what do you think of the actually cut out shape? Does it flow with the bike?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.