Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
was this from power wheelies or clutching it up?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'm with arturo, it is obvious that I'm on the same path he is because we keep questioning how to do wheelies...

I can't figure that crap out, or maybe it's that I need to just get some balls!

Nice place to work on your stunts man, better there than on the streets!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Arturo and DEZ, stop being scared of the bike and pull that throttle back
woah, woah! im doing power wheelies all day long, but i dont know if im that high when i ride them out. clutching them is something im practicing now with minimal succes. damn, people always wanna make assumptions and they always are the ones that end up looking [:eek:)]
:D[8D]

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I should have been a little higher. For some reason yesterday I was very camera shy. Plus, my g/f was riding on the back of my brother's bike taking the pics. Those are 2nd gear clutch-ups. I still can't get the bounce yet plus last time I did a stand-up I looped it. And, that airstrip is not in my backyard, it's a 45min. ride from my house. Most of the time there are more guys there, but a couple of guys got hurt there not to long ago and the police has been running some people off. Although no cops showed up yesterday and we played for about an hour or so. About 2 weeks ago I found an old straight stretch about 8min. from my house that is not being used anymore and will be using that to practice on from now on. It's about a mile long so it's perfect.

·
Registered
558 Posts
my buddie works with a couple of hard core stunters and we went out with em last sunday to some airstrip. it was pretty cool except for the shitty quality of the road. i saw a bunch a badass shit tho, i didnt like doin 2nd gears however cos the road was so fkd up. the place your at looks pretty clean so im jealous and not to mention the fact that your pulling second gears. keep it up mello, looking good.[8D]

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you just had to be out in check thats all:):D[:p]

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Not only do you have an empty airstrip but you live in NC. Twistie heaven. You lucky dog.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only problem w/ the twisties around here is the roads aren't long enough. You only get a couple of miles of curves and then there's the damned stop sign. Plus there are lots of farmers and deer, not to mention dogs who like to jump out at the last minute and try to chase you. Came out of a curve a couple of months after I got the bike and almost got took out by 2 St. Bernards. Those things are huge.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Originally posted by melloyello
Only problem w/ the twisties around here is the roads aren't long enough. You only get a couple of miles of curves and then there's the damned stop sign. Plus there are lots of farmers and deer, not to mention dogs who like to jump out at the last minute and try to chase you. Came out of a curve a couple of months after I got the bike and almost got took out by 2 St. Bernards. Those things are huge.
that has to be on the eastern side of the state. we ride twisties that run 15-25 miles long. and then that's just a fraction of the 175 mile one way routes that we ride over here on the western side of the state.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.