Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search but nothing yielded anything of substance.

I have a 2006 zx6r, with an akra slip on and pciii. I am thinking of getting the race or Evolution full system, but I was not finding anyplace that just sells the Akra headers. Can I really use my slip on at the end, and just buy the headers (if I can actually find them)? I think it's dumb that I'd have to buy a WHOLE exhaust system with another slip pn included that I already have, from the same manufacturer (arka) when I only want the headers to match my slip on. I do think that I can use them if I can find them, (saw something about more R&D costs in not making a slip on fit their own differnet "full" systems) but anyone know where I can find JUST the Akra headers for the Evo or Race systems? I know I'll have to remap but that's why I have the power commander! Thanks

strat

·
Registered
857 Posts
on most full systems the inner diameter of the full system is not the same as normal headers, therefor a slip-on made for normal headers wil not "slip-on" properly to the new aftermarket headers...try finding a place to compare measurements...headers aren't only for saving weight they are for better flow...

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
buy the full system and ebay the current slipon you have now, or if you can use your current slip on, buy the full system , and sell the other slip on as brand new.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I tried to do the same thing a while back and I called akra and they said the slip on and full system are different and the link pipe from the full system won't mount to the slip on. Even if they could buying a set of headers and link pipe cost about $750 to $800. a full system is like $965 from hardracing.com. It would be useless if you can just save and get a full system. akra does this cause they don't want people just buying pieces of the exhaust. They wan't profits.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Well if your looking to just have the akra header and expecting more HP you wont get much if any...You could get a hell of alot more with the difference you would be spending..

Custom Map
degree your cams
Wire Jumper?
Gearing?

Just some thoughts for you, as i have the full akra and not much a difference vs the slip-on..i just like wasting money on parts though..[:p]

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have done the wire jump mod too. Does the akra headers make it sound louder than the slip on?

strat

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.