Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys got a custom map, for an 03' zx6r, using the Akrapovic Evolution system? i havnt had the time yet to get mine on dyno yet (dallas tx is about a 2 hour trip). powercommander webstite has a full race system map, and i have that one installed already,just not sure if that would be the same for evolution system. thanks guys

·
Registered
137 Posts
Godsdozer,

The Akrapovic Evolution and the Akrapovic Full Race are the exact same execpt for the material they are made of (Full Race, Stainless Steel, Evolution, Titanium). So, the map for the full race system is fine. I also have a 6RR with the Evolution system and a PCIIIusb. I've tried several maps before PC came out with the full race map, and the bike definitely runs best with the Full Race Akrapovic map. If you can get it try running a tank of race gas. It really puts some extra boost in the 6RR. I've also enabled the accelerator pump that Power Commander offers. It helps when you first whack the throttle. There isn't much you can do for our bikes below 8000-9000 RPM's.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey racer, thanks for the reply. what settings do you have the accelerator pump set too? Im gonna put the race cams, velocity stats, valve springs in my bike this winter, ill keep ya up to date. thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you explain the accelerator pump. With out a PCIII how is the accelerator pump used. How does the pcIII change this? Thanks.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
accelerator pump is for usb versions only. it adjust three addtitional settings. 1. amount of fuel to be added. 2. number of engine revolutions to which fuel is added. 3. sensitivity of throttle movement to which additional fuel is added.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.