Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need some help. I really want to order the Akrapovic Evolution Full Exhaust System for my 2005 ZX6-R, as the sound and performance stand unchallenged in my opinion. But, on my local track there's a couple of regulations regarding noise, 102 dB at 7000 RPM, and as far as I can see Akrapovic never made a dB-silencer to that particular system.

So, any tips on what to do?

·
Registered
296 Posts
i don't have the exhaust (yet), but the silencer is supposed to already be in the can when you buy it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't have the exhaust (yet), but the silencer is supposed to already be in the can when you buy it.
Yeah, I know. But I believe that's just for the Slip-On end-can. I don't think it comes with the Evolution full exhaust-system. At least as far as I can see from the drawings on the Akrapovic website. :confused:

·
F'ing Catilina Wine Mixer
1,466 Posts
is this true? i want the opposite though. i DONT want any baffle in my akra evo full exhaust. lol

i want it to be unrestricted motogp super loud that cops think im racing it when i just turn it on.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i dont know if your intrested in any other brands but the kr tuned system has a db silencer right on the end of the can, that you are able to remove or but back in as you wish. and with the silencer cap in it is one of the quietest exhausts ive ever heard. if you just want loud why not just go with a motowerks short pipe.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
akra is one of the more quiet exhausts out there for bikes, BUT its loud enough, you may be able to go to akra's website & shoot them a email & ask

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
akra is one of the more quiet exhausts out there for bikes, BUT its loud enough, you may be able to go to akra's website & shoot them a email & ask
That is all relative ... I don't care for loud exhausts ... and when I went from stock to the Akra full... it was so much louder that it drove me NUTS for about the first 1,000 miles. I was constantly looking for 7th gear.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! i just spent $1,400.00 on the quietest exhaust ever on a motorcycle!?!?! F*CK!
It is definately loud. If loud is what you are wanting, you will not be disappointed. In fact ... I can attest to the fact that the Akra gets even LOUDER over time.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! i just spent $1,400.00 on the quietest exhaust ever on a motorcycle!?!?! F*CK!
its a GOOD quiet though, trust me.. don't get upset till you listen to it

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's the most quiet aftermarket exhaust I've heard (full system) but it also the most sweet sounding. Trust me, it is LOUD enough, and yes, gets louder over time.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The akra is more than loud enough when you are hard on it, over say 10,000Rpm.
there is no Baffle on the full system so dont be worried about some quiet ass shit.

The Akra sounds so sweet i must say, and i love mine but rather have my beet anyday of the week, though i am pretty sure it wont pass many places Noise restrictions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts