Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
i LOVE mine... itsounds great and looks just as good. it is expensive though, but it was worth it to me. do a search and you should find a BUNCH of threads on this topic

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Mixed reviews? Hmmmmm... anyone who denies they're great pipes is either in the dark or jealous. The build quality is second to nobody, the materials are top shelf, the design and racing experience can't be argued, and they sound like sex. The only pipe I've seen up close that truly rivals the Akrapovic for fit and finish is an Arata, but I'm not big on how many joints the Arata uses. I'm biased, but I won't own anything else.

BUT... they are DEFINITELY one of the most expensive pipes available. I agree with many people too that for some the extra money could be better spent going into suspension or other mods and a cheaper exhaust. There's other pipes on the market that cost less (Yosh, Laser, Arata) and are still fantastic pipes. Everybody is different, and that's good, because I'd HATE to see EVERY Kawi going by me with an Akrapovic on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an Akra on my 03 RR and its SO nice. Like everyone says, it costs alot, looks good and sounds good. I've seen Migs, Yosh and other pipes and they dont even compare to the Akra. They work good on the street too, not too loud when your just riding around, but it sounds awesome on the freeway at 10,000RPM! When you get one you'll see why.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just got a full akrapovic evo system installed last week...i LOVE it...sounds amazing, looks great. their build quality is excellent, and the guy that put it on said it just fell into place, no tweaking or wrestling, just fit right up. i'm not through break-in yet, so i dunno what it sounds like up to redline, but down low it still sounds amazing. and hey, its what the kawi race teams are using, so i kinda like it for that, too. its not cheap (i couldn't really afford it but oh well:)), but its worth it.

-Sully636

·
Registered
880 Posts
I have a slip-on on mine 636. I decided to get one cause when i looked around everyone else had every other pipe but akrapovic. So that pretty much sold me on the pipe. It is expensive though but worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just put on a new slip on Akrapovic carbon fiber pipe on. It is very cool looking and super light compared to stock. It is built very well and is deffinately top notch. The sound is pretty close to stock and is overall very quiet compared to many other exhausts. Good thing more noise don't mean more power as I would loose. It is only 95db and makes great power. If you want nice looking well made with highend performance with a nice mellow quiet tone then this pipe is for you.:D[^]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Power Commanders aren't needed with an Akro slip on? I'm not worried about the performance increase, but I would like a change in sound.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well if you want louder or a deeper tone this exhaust might not be the one for you. Mine is so close to the stock sound that you might not even tell a differance. Maybe after it breaks in some it will get louder when the packing wears a little. I only have about 10 miles on it so far.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by wyd

Just put on a new slip on Akrapovic carbon fiber pipe on. It is very cool looking and super light compared to stock. It is built very well and is deffinately top notch. The sound is pretty close to stock and is overall very quiet compared to many other exhausts. Good thing more noise don't mean more power as I would loose. It is only 95db and makes great power. If you want nice looking well made with highend performance with a nice mellow quiet tone then this pipe is for you.:D[^]
Ummmmm, you think it sounds close to stock ??? !!!!!

For the 636 slipon, they show a 96.5db rating at 6,500rpm on the website... but once you get it over 6,000rpm, the Akrapovic gets into its element and sounds OH SO SWEET. It is far louder than a stock can once it's revving. One of the British mags tested it a 101db at peak. That's a fair chunk louder than stock. The Evo systems go around 102db. Below 6,000rpm I find it grunty and deep, not electric like a stocker.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I figure it will get better once I get more miles on it and it breaks in some. Even if it is not alot louder it looks a ton better than stock, a ton lighter, and the overall performance is better. If not complaining about the noise or in my case the lack of. It is a very impressively built slip on system and a ton better than the Vance and Hines I had on my FZR 600 I use to have.:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have never heard anything put praises from people who have actual experience with this exhaust

also, this is kawasaki's exhaust of choice for tommy hayden's #22 race bike

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is really a top notch exhaust. It just seems to be a little on the quiet side compared to some others. I does get louder when I get above 6,000 rpm. I ran it up to about 8,000 and it did start to come into its own. Like I said I only have about 30 miles on it and they do get louder once ridden for awhile.

·
Registered
940 Posts
[:M86]

I give my two thumbs up but the damn smiley's only got one...

Sound is deep and pretty loud at idle, quiets down until you hammer down....quality sound and great craftsmanship....

paired my bolt on with an Ivan's jet kit and the front wheel doesn't want to stay on the ground

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.