Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey whats up all. I 90 o clocked my bike last year and needless to say i messed up the carbon fiber tip of my akrapovic slip on exhaust for my 05 bike. My question is do you guys think i can find somebody to fix it? DO you guys know anybody that can fix it? I know i can get a new canister for the slip on but common ill rather get another exhaust at that price. Thank you all for any advice

·
Registered
738 Posts
Try contacting Akra or somebody that sells them. You should be able to buy replacement parts for your pipe.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i already have the tip is not replaceable alone you have to purchase the whole canister at a price of 500 whats the point ill rather get another exhaust on ebay.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
i already have the tip is not replaceable alone you have to purchase the whole canister at a price of 500 whats the point ill rather get another exhaust on ebay.
is your exhaust still functional? try and sell it on Ebay if it's still good, even if you only get like 150 bucks it'll help you recoup some of the loss on the new pipe.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
personally i would use a different muffler cut down...
someone on here had a knock off Beet with a yoshi can and it looked sweet.
or as you said get another system..

but seriously if it is just the tip, hell use some JB weld on the back side and make it as stock and sand and paint high temp black.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea still functional. Ill post pics when i come back from school so u guys can see what i am taking about.

·
Registered
382 Posts
pretty crappy of akra to not make a replacement cap.. I have the same issue.. the cap has a crack. I emailed them but got no response..

even 2 bros and yoshi make replacement parts.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
hey whats up all. I 90 o clocked my bike last year and needless to say i messed up the carbon fiber tip of my akrapovic slip on exhaust for my 05 bike. My question is do you guys think i can find somebody to fix it? DO you guys know anybody that can fix it? I know i can get a new canister for the slip on my common ill rather get another exhaust at that price. Thank you all for any advice
What is 90 o clocking your bike?

They make replacement parts. There should have been an exploded parts diagram with part numbers or reference numbers in the box your system came in.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
I think he was going for 12' of clock.
Ahh...that would make more sense. I just pictured a bike doing cart wheels down the road.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, i ment 90 degress but yeat 12 o clocked. Let me post some pics.

What do u think we should do about our end caps. I am pretty sure urs looks better than mine. =)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got a hold of the camera, here are the pics of the akra exhaust.

I am actually thinking of selling it, if somebody wants dibs on it pm me or leave a message here. I would want 300 for the exhaust but make me an offer.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Try contacting Akra or somebody that sells them. You should be able to buy replacement parts for your pipe.
No either you will never hear back, or you will be served the wrong answer. Call Lockhart Phillips or Parts Unlimited they are the ONLY companies that can buy spare parts from Akra, given that they are even avaliable. If anyone knows they will

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i already checked. There isnt a replacement cap from akra, the whole canister can be bought thou...but the price is ridiculous.

·
Registered
382 Posts
man that sucks.. It makes me hate akra.. why would they sell all the other parts but but the stupid cap.

they have no contact on their website.. only email with no one contacting me back.. I should have went with a leo vince.. customer service is awsome,

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
well hello they are Slovanian and to be honest most of europe when it comes to giving a shit about customer service plain sucks.
that is an easy fix to be honest though you waont have a pretty carbon fiber tip any longer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
:eek: $300 for a wrecked exhaust that you can't even buy a replacement part for???
Good luck with that

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha thats what i would want but OBO is trully what i think is going to go down with.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump on the fix anybody gots any other suggestions or know any CB shop around LA area?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts