Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

Does anyone know if the link pipe that Akrapovic is producing will work on other brands of pipes for the 2008 10?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hey All,

Does anyone know if the link pipe that Akrapovic is producing will work on other brands of pipes for the 2008 10?
Could be, I have the link pipe and it fits the stock headers very well, however depending on what other pipe you have, the diameter of the inlet on it or the swept angle of the pipe may not work with the link pipe. It may not fit the inlet to your pipe or it will change the swept angle on the pipe, possibly pushing it to rub up against the swing arm. When I installed it with my AKRA slip-on it change the angle of it to push the exhaust tip more into the slip stream of the bike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be, I have the link pipe and it fits the stock headers very well, however depending on what other pipe you have, the diameter of the inlet on it or the swept angle of the pipe may not work with the link pipe. It may not fit the inlet to your pipe or it will change the swept angle on the pipe, possibly pushing it to rub up against the swing arm. When I installed it with my AKRA slip-on it change the angle of it to push the exhaust tip more into the slip stream of the bike.
Wow, I guess I never thought of that. Could you give me a measurment of where it would meet the slip-on side of the pipe and not the header.

Thanks a bunch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, I guess I never thought of that. Could you give me a measurment of where it would meet the slip-on side of the pipe and not the header.

Thanks a bunch

Try the ARATA Titanium exhaust system.... it's very similar to the Akra. I have a full system ARATA, sounds and works well on the 08. :buzzsaw:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts