Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on the akra slip-on on my buddies 07 zx6r and I must say that thing is pretty freakin loud, from the vids i have seen on the net i didnt think it would be but it definetly has mean growl to it. Has anyone installed it with out the heatshield with out melting issues? Would look cleaner with out it still looks tight though

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
did u take out the baffle? make that bby sound really mean.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
yah im still deciding if i wanna do full exhaust or slip on.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
nah im sellin the 250 in spring and getting a 08 zx6r
deciding between
akra full
akra s/o
or a moto gp with the vacuum formed tail

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
the akra slip on, even without the baffle, is quiet man. i had to gut mine to make it louder, but it didn't sound clean. and i recently did something different...so look out for my post, i just got done the other night.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i'm not a big fan of undertail exhaust...seems like a bad spot to keep the weight.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the akra slip on, even without the baffle, is quiet man. i had to gut mine to make it louder, but it didn't sound clean. and i recently did something different...so look out for my post, i just got done the other night.
From the videos ive seen i thought it would be but this shit was pretty fing loud, hurt the ears the first couple times lol. He doesnt have a cat though didnt mention that, looks clean prob the best lookin aftermarket exhaust for the zx6r right now..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
From the videos ive seen i thought it would be but this shit was pretty fing loud, hurt the ears the first couple times lol. He doesnt have a cat though didnt mention that, looks clean prob the best lookin aftermarket exhaust for the zx6r right now..
i disagree. the arrow race exhaust is def. the cleanest and nicest lookin exhaust.

·
Registered
147 Posts
good luck getting an arrow.

wish hotbodies made a pipe for the zx6r...

& the M4 system for the cbr1000rr is sick as a dog.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
i had my cat deleted as well...still wasn't loud. hahaha. maybe you have sensitive ears.

all you guys stop fighting.....BEET is the best! arrow looks like it is a combo of Akra and Leo...Leo looks nice but the fat muffler just doesn't do it. PROBLEM SOLVED!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i had my cat deleted as well...still wasn't loud. hahaha. maybe you have sensitive ears.

all you guys stop fighting.....BEET is the best! arrow looks like it is a combo of Akra and Leo...Leo looks nice but the fat muffler just doesn't do it. PROBLEM SOLVED!
probably lol

·
Registered
801 Posts
:needpics1:

·
Registered
67 Posts
can someone please clarify for me the difference between getting a slipon and cutting out the cat and getting a full exhaust system? weight? power?

seems like cutting out the cat is cheaper way to go
cant decide what to do

was also wondering how does backfire affect performance? and is it normal to see those flames come out?

also anyone have db level of stock exhaust compared to akra?

thx

·
Registered
147 Posts
a slip on is a muffler. & usually a mid-pipe. $500+

deleteing the cat, NEED a PC3 & lose weight off the bottom (not as good as

losing weight off the top) free-$75

gutting the cat, not much weight to lose, freer flowing, still need the pc3 & might take more time for the welder.

full system - tuned header, available in ultralight Ti usually either 4-1 or 4-2-1
^ $1000+

for a few HP. on the top end.

but, with a freer flowing exhaust & a proper FI tune flames are possible & don't do much damage if any & is caused by running rich. but, there are other flames caused by off-timed ignition that CAN hurt the engine.

mine pops small flames at partial throttle @ mid-high (10-12k) rpm. no damage yet...

my bike (after jumper mod) outran an '08 cbr600rr with a Ti jardine.
$700 down the drain.

jardines look better on kawi's anyway...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts