Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
how many kawi rider live in Alberta?

hey Guys just want to say hi and see how many people are riding a kawi and living in Alberta. Maybe one day we can have a run together.

Peace out!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hey honger1981, I think there are some kawi riders up in Edmonton that are on this forum but haven't noticed anybody from further south until your post. I actually live west of Calgary in the Bragg Creek area but work in the city. You have probably been out to the Creek a few times, seems to be a popular destination for bikes on the weekends. I see that you have what gets called an "old school" ninja as well, how long have you had your bike?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey GWN zx9R, I just got her this season,I love the old school. last bike i had was 87 zx10 old school indeed . I lived out side of calgary as well around keenhill area. I have been ride on the 22x before but never really got a chance to completes the loop tho, I am looking forward to do that one day. Hope to see you on the road some day!

·
Registered
149 Posts
honger1981, not sure where the keenhill area is, are you NE of the city? By the way, when I decided to start riding again and was looking for a bike (was going to be a mid 80's)the ZX10 would have been my first choice. The only one I came across for sale seemed to be too much money for a high miler, so an 85 FZ750 made into my driveway. Liked the FZ but would probably have liked the ZX10 better. I really like my 9, just got it last year in August. It only had 19,000 km on it, has 30,000 on it now, these old school bikes are great every day bikes. To us they are our pride joy but I was in a dealership in Calgary looking at gear and the salesman says "how many km do you have on that old Ninja?". He must have picked up on something in my reation because he made some comment on how comfortable they were.

Hope to see you on the road somewhere.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well there are worse places than Edmonton, I think. Just kidding, you should check out the Indy race, it was excellent last year, you can see most of the track from any of the stands and they had a couple of stunt teams performing on race day. Not how I would treat my bike but pretty impressive skills.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Red Deer as well. You guys should try and make it to bike night at chapters on thursdays. Get lots of bikes when the weather is nice. Some nice roads not to far away either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hwy 40 is longer and less in the way of hidden driveways. 66 is okay too but not during a weekend day and watch for cows on road. You could try the Bowvalley Parkway, when there is no traffic but the herds of elk should be something have in mind. I am looking around for entertaining roads.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts