Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i want to the shop to dyno my bike (looking for the air fuel not hp)and was disapointed with the hp # it only did 104 bwhp now it was on a factory pro dyno and my mods include a rs-5 slip on, bmc air filter, pc3, and the jumper mod i download tweakmon's map and the shop said that the air fuel is very close that they wouldnt be able to get much more out of it and said if it was his bike he wouldnt pay for the custom tune ($300) now i thought the 636 made close to 110 at the wheel stock i now my mods helped the bike feels nasty and cant keep the front end down but why only 104 bwhp?[V]

·
28,939 Posts
same thing happened to me... went to see the air/fuel but was really disappointed with the HP/TQ numbers... ive got the following AKRA, PCIII, KLEEN, and had a fairly new tire and only pulled a 102... was VERY dissapointing but considering an 05 gixxer 1000 put down 140 something id say the dyno shows low numbers... i wouldnt worry about it man, probably just the dyno.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Hmmmm, one of them things you have to check what the other bikes are doing...
I was semi dissapointed with the 114RWHP i got....but was like what have the other 600's been doing?
they were all in the 102-104RWHP stock, and with exhaust and custom maps they were in the 108-112 range...

So by that i figured it was more than a comparitive bike and thats just that.
I am more than happy with the perfect fueling i acheived and instant throttle response,plus a little extra with the mods...Never did the bike stock,,so who knows how much i really gained.

·
Registered
176 Posts
what were the conditions of the weather too. Humid, hot, altitude, these can all effect things too. Like they said, if you can, see what some other bikes were pulling.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You could go to different dynos all day and put up different numbers each time, just like lovinpds said there are a lot of different factors that can change the outcome of the dyno. You generally use dynos to tune engines or to see the changes that different after market products make. Lay the baseline with the stock bike then check it after performance parts are installed. Dont let it get you down im sure it still goes faster than you need it to.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by supercharged
well i want to the shop to dyno my bike (looking for the air fuel not hp)and was disapointed with the hp # it only did 104 bwhp now it was on a factory pro dyno and my mods include a rs-5 slip on, bmc air filter, pc3, and the jumper mod i download tweakmon's map and the shop said that the air fuel is very close that they wouldnt be able to get much more out of it and said if it was his bike he wouldnt pay for the custom tune ($300) now i thought the 636 made close to 110 at the wheel stock i now my mods helped the bike feels nasty and cant keep the front end down but why only 104 bwhp?[V]
Cool beans. Do you happen to have a print out of th A/F?

·
Registered
70 Posts
supercharged, i feel your pain, bro. [:M74]
i have an akra slip-on, kawi race kit ecu, bmc street filter and i took my bike to factory pro to have it dialed in (air/fuel and ignition) using the race kit ecu and it cost me $475 and they had my bike 3 weeks. to top it off, my bike is only pulling 107 hp. i was dissapointed at the amount of time and money i put into the bike for only minimal gains it seems to me. i do like the throttle response, my bike feels crisp.

sc1

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Nothing to worry about, just compare your hp with other bikes on the same dyno, you should still be the winner of 600 class ;)

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
Originally posted by nerijusj
Nothing to worry about, just compare your hp with other bikes on the same dyno, you should still be the winner of 600 class ;)
hahaha yeh too bad its not in the 600 class huh...damn those 37 little bastards. but agreed EVERY dyno will be different. in fact the same dyno can be different on another day.

·
Registered
762 Posts
did anyone do a stock pull. then a modded pull?
or just a modded pull?

you need a baseline number to judge if your mods were worth it, an overall pull is very reliant on the dyno. also alot of people are posting 108 uncorrected hp, not corrected hp...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did a pull at a dealer and had 106bwhp stock. I thought it would be higher, but a 06' 636 and a new R6 only pulled 101bwhp stock so compared to other bikes it was pretty good. I also one a $50 gift certificate for winning the 600cc class.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks to all for the comfort im trynig to talk my buddy into going i know his gixxer dynoed at 95 on a dyno jet well here is the print out of the best of the 3 runs i dont understand the air fuel readings if someone could explain them to me that would be great[|)]

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The A/F looks nice and straight (the dotted line?) which is good.

Don't forget my map was done in the high desert of California where the temp is high and the humidity is low. NJ I would think is the exact opposite. I know you have quite a bit of difference between NJ and CA, so I would factor some of that in as well.

Looks good though for the most part. I wouldnt worry too much about dyno HP numbers. Each dyno will be different, as the HP is determined by the resistance of the rollers on the back tire I believe.

The most important thing is that the map and A/F are linear and correct.

·
Registered
628 Posts
To be honest I think most ppl don't tell the truth about what their bikes make. All the Proracing 600's in Canada make about 118-125, and the ones which make 125 are like the only 2 who do.(http://www.cdnsuperbike.com/news/06/060406l.shtml)

Most 600's come stock at about 99-105, and then with the aftermarket additions can make up to 110-115, the rest of the HP you'll engine work to get.

With a full Evo system and Kit ECU my bike makes 115.4 on one dyno and 114.6 on another. And the fuelling is spot on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.