Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well I don't see a whole lot of people on this forum with the old style ninja 250 so i figured I'd create a thread where we can all post pictures, ask questions, etc. about our awesome bikes! :cool:

It seems like all I see is the newer ones, (2008 and up), and dont get me wrong, I love the new body style too! I actually want to try to convert my front end to the new style but I just want a place where we can ask questions about what bikes we DO have!

My first question is are there any riders out there who have modded (in any way via paint, parts, and so on) their STOCK 250? I have a stock right now and am under way to modding it little by little.

Currently im painting my windscreen and will soon begin to add LED lights into my gauge cluster :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2006 blue 250. I'm currently in the process of doing a quick fix paint job. It appears that my fairing screw went through the gas tank (no idea what happened really, just thinking since my tank was recalled by Kawasaki for that problem) and is leaking gas out of my right top fairing hole. So, I have an older set of front cowling and gas tank in black sitting at my house in Jacksonville, and the bike and I are currently in Parkton, NC. So, just to have it aesthetically pleasing to my eye, to have everything the same color, I'm doing a quick spray can paint job (plus I use that as transportation to and from school). When I have more time, I'll do a proper job sanding and such. The only mods besides the quicky paint job is i have flush mount smoke turn signals, fender eliminator and led rear turn signals. I would like to eventually get integrated turn signals for the rear and get new rear light covers. When I have everything back together, I'll post a picture. This is the bike right after I put the flush mount turn signals on.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only mods besides the quicky paint job is i have flush mount smoke turn signals, fender eliminator and led rear turn signals. I would like to eventually get integrated turn signals for the rear and get new rear light covers. When I have everything back together, I'll post a picture. This is the bike right after I put the flush mount turn signals on.
Thanks for the reply man, and that's an awesome looking bike too! Can you take a picture of the flush mount turn signals? I've been looking to buy some for my bike but i have no clue what kind to get or what size. what kind and size did you get? and can you get the old turn signals in the picture too because i need to see if they're similar to mine lol. Thanks in advance!

I just recently (modded) my windscreen and painted it with some black rattle can paint and a couple layers of clear coat :D. Heres how it looks:

·
Registered
34 Posts
These were the turn signals that I bought:
Smoke Turn Signals Kawasaki Ninja EX 250 88-07 Front | eBay

only problem is that it only came with one amber bulb, so I had to put my stock clear bulbs in. It's actually been a pain to find amber bulbs, because honestly the clear bulbs look like crap, and I think it really cuts the visibility since they blend into the headlight. I don't think I have pictures of the original turn signals, they were really crap. The PO dropped the bike and damaged the front cowling and turn signals. I'll have to search and look. I can post a close up picture of the turn signals tomorrow. I did have to cut the fairings though, which sucked, but it looks much better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've had 2 pregens. An '05 that I loved for 8 months, and an '07 that I've had for 2 years now.

My 05 with a Yoshi exhaust being the only mod:

And my 07 with ex500 lever swap with blue shorty levers, tech specs, Zero Gravity Double bubble, tinted tail lights, A&L rearset adjusters (not pictured) and 08 ex250 rear shock.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I like the rim tape you put on your bike sk8er. I just put some on my bike not even 5 mintes ago and wanted to show yall. I also bought the ninja tank pad :D

A little flair goes a long way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 2006 blue 250. I'm currently in the process of doing a quick fix paint job. It appears that my fairing screw went through the gas tank (no idea what happened really, just thinking since my tank was recalled by Kawasaki for that problem) and is leaking gas out of my right top fairing hole. So, I have an older set of front cowling and gas tank in black sitting at my house in Jacksonville, and the bike and I are currently in Parkton, NC. So, just to have it aesthetically pleasing to my eye, to have everything the same color, I'm doing a quick spray can paint job (plus I use that as transportation to and from school). When I have more time, I'll do a proper job sanding and such. The only mods besides the quicky paint job is i have flush mount smoke turn signals, fender eliminator and led rear turn signals. I would like to eventually get integrated turn signals for the rear and get new rear light covers. When I have everything back together, I'll post a picture. This is the bike right after I put the flush mount turn signals on.
There are two different sized screws that go in the top and the bottom for the tank. The longer ones go on the bottom. When you screw the long ones in to the top, it punctures the tank. My friend had the same problem on his.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are two different sized screws that go in the top and the bottom for the tank. The longer ones go on the bottom. When you screw the long ones in to the top, it punctures the tank. My friend had the same problem on his.
I never knew that. Good thing to look out for.:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, I know, but I know I didn't put the longer screws in. I hadn't done any maintenance on the bike in a month. This just started leaking two days ago. I checked and all the screws on that fairing were the same size. So I'm thinking that the PO actually punctured the tank, put something on or around it to fix the leak, and it stopped holding in the leak two days ago. But thankfully I have an extra tank, so I just need to reseal that tank, paint it the same color, then I'm good to go until I have ample time to sand it down correctly and to paint it correctly.

·
Strat - the Asian edition
13,060 Posts
Hm, never knew that about the old Ninja250s, the tank thing.

I had an 03 Ninja250 as my first bike. Miss that old thing. I actually prefer the old style Ninaj250s. Call it nostalgia or what have you but I like how they're skinnier than the new 250s or at least they feel that way. Haven't sat on an old style ninja250 in many years so it could just be a faulty memory.

I'm considering buying an old style ninja250 for the street this winter and turning my 675 into just a track whore. So I might be back into the fold if I can find a great deal.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I know, but I know I didn't put the longer screws in. I hadn't done any maintenance on the bike in a month. This just started leaking two days ago. I checked and all the screws on that fairing were the same size. So I'm thinking that the PO actually punctured the tank, put something on or around it to fix the leak, and it stopped holding in the leak two days ago. But thankfully I have an extra tank, so I just need to reseal that tank, paint it the same color, then I'm good to go until I have ample time to sand it down correctly and to paint it correctly.
Please keep me updated on the painting process because im about to sell this bike i have now for $1000 profit and buy a newer model suzuki gs500f. It has some wierd design on it and i want to paint it black. Let me know what the ins, outs, materials, and so on are because i have no clue about painting bikes lol. Thanks!h

·
Registered
84 Posts
It only affects certain year bikes. I don't think 2001s were included in that. I think it only affected 2004-2007 models and only certain VIN numbers from those years.
Yeah, I never had different size screws on my '05 or my '07. They're all the same size when I checked the first time I took the fairings off both of them. But I've read where some do have longer ones for the fairing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey man were your riding videos shot with a HD Hero?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 2001 kawasaki ninja 250 in green. Iv dropped her a few times as shes my first bike. One of the front foot pegs and turn signals broke. I'm not sure which are the ones that fit her, can anyone help me with a link on replacement parts???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
269 Posts
here is my 04 with over 33k miles on it...it is my third one and have over 75k on all the 250s...no mods..
[/url]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts