Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
I just want a KIT engine :D

I'll have to get a license plate holder with a light bar though......

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just put a EX500 cylinder, heads, and pistons on my 250, now I have a 70hp ninja250. that combined with unlocking 7th gear and 18/38 gearing, I now have a top speed of 150mph. I have the fastest 250 ever maded!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dude, how do you unlock the 7th gear???? Does it happen after the break-in period. Kind of like a safety switch for "ludricrous speed?"

I want to go into Plaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
gull-a-bull
LMAO at this thread, enzo. You are a true Maestro of Misinformation.

I don't think anyone should start accusing Kawasaki of raising the price of the '09 250 because of a greedy reaction to marketplace demand. Have any of you bought groceries lately? Gas? Inflation is driving up the price of every commodity to totally unexpected levels. The majority of parts that make up the 250 are made from petrochemicals and we all know what's happening to the price of oil. I don't think Kawi is that concerned with making a better profit on so cheap a bike. They know the 250 is essential in getting new riders into the sport who may eventually trade up to one of their more expensive products. I think they just don't want to lose money by selling it for less than it takes to build it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I enjoy a good amount of sarcasm, I am probably one of the guys with the most sense of humor you'll ever know, but I am trying to seriously get some information and the sarcasm isn't helping.

I don't mind paying the extra $500 to justify being able to easily walk into my nearest Kawi dealer and purchase the bike (and color) I want without running around like a chicken with its head chopped off.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Thanks for the sig addition CaliGirl.:) Thats classic.

As for the KIT engine, that would pretty much end the Ninja Cup career wouldn't it Rich?

I'm not sure how long you guys have been hitting the track but in the old days there was production and also modified production (mod prod) classes. The kit bike would be in mod prod with limited modifications within the rule book. The 250 with these kit modas will be in competition with the stock 600s. I'm hoping they will have suspension modifications allowed too. This might have those 600 squids scared. A good rider on the new kit bike will be able to control the track. I hear they are going to make the bike lighter and stronger (frame) too. There should be pictures out soon on "Ninja World".

·
Registered
78 Posts
called my dealer and they confirmed, i feel bad for the OP, but for those that haven't gotten their orders canceled, it just means that the wait shouldn't go on much longer. the bulletin states that orders not confirmed to ship by aug 5th r canceled, this means that the latest anyone's bike should ship to the dealer is by next tues which means we should hopefully be riding our new ninjas by next friday (depending on shipping time)

·
Registered
174 Posts
The interesting thing about the letter from Kawasaki to their dealers is the realization that the profit margin for the dealership( MSRP less dealer invoice cost) is only about $400(about 11%) on this bike. So contrary to what many people think, the dealers are not making much at all on these bikes if they sell them for MSRP.
I agree to a point. MSRP is only a recomended price and a dealer can do whatever it wants. However even at 11% most dealers will make a profitable sale especially with the other typical items such as helmets, gloves riding gear, servicing etc. I wouldn't trust a dealer that jacks the price up WAY over MSRP. A few dealers are successful building a return customer base rather than ripping the customer off. I think it especially true for the 250 because for many this is an entry level bike and they need the other goodies. Also if they are satisfied with the purchase they may come back to the same dealer if and when they decide to upgrade to a larger machine. I just don't trust businesses that present a greedy approach. I will be loyal to a dealer that really trys to offer a competitive fair price. Bill

141 - 151 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.