Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The event is going to be a two day deal. Saturday August 2nd and Sunday Aug 3rd. There will be a cash money class, trophy, women's, a wheelie contest, and a dealer race for people who are sponsoring the event.

Saturday is going to be a test and tune day. This will give people a chance to get some time on the track to try things out if they have never done it before. We will be giving people a "class" on how things work and what to do if they want to.

Sunday will be race day. Time trials will start in the morning around 10am with eliminations around Noon.

Email with any questions

Mike

·
Registered
303 Posts
hey kawboy i live in oskaloosa...i was told that they cancelled the all bike weekend cuz they weren't gonna have enough bikes... cuz only regular weekends there aren't many bikes at all.. do you go there often? what do you ride

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The All Harley Drags were supposed to be this weekend, and they were cancelled because of promotor problems. The All Street Bike race is on Aug 3rd. Go to www.eddyvilleraceway.com and it is on their calender or struthersbros.com underneath the events icon. I race there alot. I ride a 2003 zx6r. There's a kid who rides a honda from osky.

·
Registered
303 Posts
do you ride the silver 03? yeah i know the guy on that honda... i've been down a few times on test and tune night.. i ride the all yellow 2001...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, thats me. Should have been there this weekend. Had about 20 bikes. The track put up some money in place of the Harley thing. I clicked off a 6.70 on her on saturday. Hopefully get into the 6.60s for the street bike deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We didn't do the bike thing last year. The harley group that was supposed to put the thing on last weekend did it last year. All they had last year was a trophy street class. Hopefully this year will be a better turn out. I've attached a flyer so you can print it off. I'd appreciate it if you could tell as many people as possible. If it goes good this year it will just get bigger next year.kawboy444 has attached this file: flyer.jpg

/forum/uploads/kawboy444/flyer.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
there aren't many sport bikes in osky but the few that are here will be there.. most people i have talked to knew nothing about the event... we will definately be riding down sunday morning

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was kind of thrown together really quickly, but I think it will turn out pretty well. I've sent info to lazer1033 so hopefully we'll hear it on the radio. I've talked to people in grinnell, marshalltown, iowa city, des moines, and ames. Hopefully there will be a decent turnout.

·
Registered
303 Posts
it would be great to see people from all those towns come to eddyville... how many people are comin down with struthers bros.? we have about 4 or 5 comin from osky.. i wont be participating in the races but i will be entering the wheelie contest... have a Teknic supervent jacket with armor and was wondering if they would allow me to wear that... if not i'm fucked cuz i have no leater jacket.. last time i was down there i saw a guy wearing a joe rocket phoenix jacket but they say it must be leather..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You might as well race in the Trophy class. It's $10.00. The jacket should be fine. I've seen idiots with a wind breaker jacket go down the track. I have the good phoenix jacket with the leather on it, and they've never said anything to me before.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyway, everyone in the area needs to come to this event! There will be a lot to see and do( for example, watch a 636 spank a ZX7R!) and hang w/ a cool group of people from Des Moines.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts