Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way into work tonight, i experienced someting that i have never seen before. Just riding along, actually going the speed limit, when up ahead i see a state cop coming toward me. No worry, i wasnt speeding, i thought??? As he gets up to me, he turns on his lights just long enough to scare the crap out of me then shuts them off. He then comes across the median and follows me all the way to work. As i am pulling into the parking lot, he flips his lights again and then drives off. Anyone have any idea why this might have happened or is it just something i can expect more often in the future?

·
Registered
31 Posts
My good friend who is a cop said most the police officers he knows love to bust bikes. They would much rather bust a biker. I'm not saying this is all of the police or the majority, thats just what he told me. So it was probably just a cop seeing you on a bike hoping you would mess up so he could write you a ticket.

·
Powerhungry
38,443 Posts
Originally posted by dan23brown
On my way into work tonight, i experienced someting that i have never seen before. Just riding along, actually going the speed limit, when up ahead i see a state cop coming toward me. No worry, i wasnt speeding, i thought??? As he gets up to me, he turns on his lights just long enough to scare the crap out of me then shuts them off. He then comes across the median and follows me all the way to work. As i am pulling into the parking lot, he flips his lights again and then drives off. Anyone have any idea why this might have happened or is it just something i can expect more often in the future?
he was probably hoping you would run. they get bored.... and with nothing better to do, why not harass a biker....

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Just remember: They're not ALL jerks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You were probably getting a rolling warning, of sorts. Perhaps the officer mistook you for someone else, or was in a bad mood that day. My advice would be to not worry about it unless it happens again. THEN get the car number and follow up with the State Patrol or your local politician. 99% of the police I've dealt with have been straight-up individuals I've had no problems with, but occasionally you do get someone who's power-tripping because they've got a badge. If you get harassed, make sure all your parking tickets are paid and you've got no outstanding legal issues, then go complain.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I've had a couple troopers turn their lights on and off again when I rode by doing the speed limit...I know not all of them are jerks...I went to the academy in salt lake to become a cop...but I know for a fact that a very good percentage of them became cops because they like to force their own will on others. They have a badge and a gun and an ego to match.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Sometimes we get a broadcast about a certain vehicle. When we spot one that matches, we will follow until certain that it is or is not the vehicle....don't really understand the light part...perhaps he thought you were a buddy of his...we have been know to "flash" each other on occasion....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.