Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its like 105 degrees in sacramento today iam out on Gerber doing about 75-80mph. I only have 250miles on my 636 so i have to put some miles on it. Been riding for about 6years...Anyway, things started great. No traffic, clear roads...then i hit a red light and things got sloppy. I killed it at the light. Then I had trouble changing from 1st to 2nd the bike going all over the lane. At the corner of Gerber and Bradshaw I had to make a right turn from a 4 way. IT had to be a 90 degree turn, meaning there was no lane to make right turns, it was road then grass and dirt. So i made the right turn directly into the the other lane and on coming traffic.

HOLY S[:0][:0]T

Wide, iam talking wide like the biggest booty you have ever seen, thank god the on coming BMW pulled to the right. I quickly pulled back into my lane and hightailed it out of there. Next stop sign Killed it again. F[:0]:(K, Everything was off, I could stop worth s[:0][:0]t, couldnt get off the line at all. Man, i got home drenched in sweat, bad headache and 0 confidence. That my friends was my day riding...I know, i know stop my crying buy i had to share. Excuse me now i have to go and change my shorts its starting to smell and itch really bad.

Cheers
Red:(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
yeah, the heat doesn't help. We have a crazy right turn off a light just down the road..I'm not sure exactly what degree of a turn, but I hate that damn right turn!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I just love the diagram skills of the Kawiforum members. Lol, its refreshing.

I know what you mean though, some days are just off.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dude... I'm not trying to flame but killing it twice at stoplights and making a wide turn into oncoming traffic? That really shouldn't happen.

I would suggest going to large parking lot and practicing tight turns as well as stop and go's. There are all kinds of things to practice (quick braking, hazzard avoidance, etc). I remember when i got my bike I did this many times. Hell sometimes in parking lots I still do it. Just helps you get familiar.

Again...just advice since I don't know your skill level... not meant negatively.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know, i know newbie shit...but some days your just off and this was my day. The only reason i posted is because i know iam not alone we all have days like this.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I agree, regardless of riding experience, everyone will have off days. If you are lucky, you make it home in one peice and the bike does too. If you aren't, well we all know what that can be like...

Days like that, best thing you can do is park the bike and cage it. Better to be safe and be able to ride again another day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not everyone has "off days" like that. I think you need to examine your riding skills and stop making excuses for yourself. I think you need to ride in a parking lot for quite awhile and stay away from all traffic. I highly doubt you have been riding for 6 years, so stop with that bullshit and use you head; stay away from traffic until you can control your bike.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have had off days and have not felt right on the twisties but I take it easy. I have never went into oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Live and learn. A good idea tho to really get to know your bike better is to go into a parking lot and do slow moving maneuvers for a couple hours or more. Things like crazy slow u-turns from a complete stop, slowing down to a crawl and then turning, slowing turning and standing the bike up in the middle of it, etc....

It's all good that you have been riding for awhile, but your bike is unique and you need to learn how your bike works with you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
well I took the msf course and it was great, I still practice u-turns, avoidance swerves and low speed balance almost everytime I ride, it's not only fun but it sharpens your skills. My roomate took the course too but doesn't have a bike, and when I tell him we can go somewhere for him to practice he declines, I bet he's not gonna remember shit from what he learned when he finally gets a bike.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by Redbaron
Its like 105 degrees in sacramento today iam out on Gerber doing about 75-80mph. I only have 250miles on my 636 so i have to put some miles on it. Been riding for about 6years...Anyway, things started great. No traffic, clear roads...then i hit a red light and things got sloppy. I killed it at the light. Then I had trouble changing from 1st to 2nd the bike going all over the lane. At the corner of Gerber and Bradshaw I had to make a right turn from a 4 way. IT had to be a 90 degree turn, meaning there was no lane to make right turns, it was road then grass and dirt. So i made the right turn directly into the the other lane and on coming traffic.

HOLY S[:0][:0]T

Wide, iam talking wide like the biggest booty you have ever seen, thank god the on coming BMW pulled to the right. I quickly pulled back into my lane and hightailed it out of there. Next stop sign Killed it again. F[:0]:(K, Everything was off, I could stop worth s[:0][:0]t, couldnt get off the line at all. Man, i got home drenched in sweat, bad headache and 0 confidence. That my friends was my day riding...I know, i know stop my crying buy i had to share. Excuse me now i have to go and change my shorts its starting to smell and itch really bad.

Cheers
Red:(
[:Opps1]
Memorize this.(motorcyclist 2006 issue)
http://forums.onedownfiveup.com/index.php?showtopic=41959

Ride safe everone[:M83]

·
Registered
71 Posts
It happens to everyone. Anybody posting on here that wants to say they never have a bad ride with a screw up like that is full of shit and talking out their ass.

Two kills in a row was you being stressin' out over the first one probably , practice.

·
Registered
343 Posts
wow, killing the bike at stop signs !!!

either your strait newb or you need to give more throttle when letting out the clutch. New bikes have a firm clutch so you have to break it in a bit.

Otherwise you need to go somewhere where there is no traffic and practice your turning and braking skills. The 636 sticks to the road so dont be afraid to lean it over in turns.

·
Registered
93 Posts
give the man some slack, we all have had off days and they suck[xx(]

I've always had a problem with low speed right turns. but thank God I've never gone as far as going all the way into the oncoming lane![8D]

·
Registered
717 Posts
Saint, your post is probobly the best one on this thread and i agree with you. The SQUIDS on here that think they are so much better than Redbaron cause they havent had an off day will be posting about their crash pretty soon. If you havent had an off day where things just dont feel right and you have more trouble moving the bike than usual, then you havent been riding long enough so dont critisize other riders. Yall are the ones who need to pay attention and practice cause soon enough your "off day" is comming. Besides i dont hear any of you telling Greenenvy to practice. (no offense envy, just using you as an example) shit happens!!!! and if you start out having a bad day your confidence is shot and the rest of the ride just dosent go your way. Red just keep riding and dont think about this experience or these [:M111]'s when your riding. BTW its good to know some people still come here to share their stories instead of just flame.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
USMC 636, Saint, richo6r and the few others that feel my pain Thanks brothers!!!. These Men have been riding long enough to have had off days. EVERYONE has off days. I share cause I can. I share cause it will happen to you if it hasnt already. Keep it real people.

Red
[^]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.