Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked my 636 up from the shop last sat(it been there for 3 months because I crashed). I take it out of my basement today and wash and wax it for 2 hours today. Then I take it out for a ride. go down the road and open it up and all the sudden the rear tire is spining and going like hell. I think I'm power braking down the road but all the sudden there is this huge cloud of smoke comming up from my fairings and stinking of oil. so it starts to slid out from under me and I'm thing I going to crash again. I let off the gas and slowly pull of the road. there is an oil slick 20 feet long and a huge puddle under my bike . I'm pissed off because. I just put $3000 in parts to get her back and almost wrecked. get home and pull all the fairing off and the oil sensor un screwed and lost all my oil ($50 bucks worth) and can't get any more til tuesday. I so pissed. I would have bought it just over a stuped 50cent part. sorry so long just had to vent

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
About as much your fault as theirs. Anytime you do something to your bike or someone else does you need to take it easy for a little bit 'til you are sure everything is sorted. If you had spent the time looking it over that you did washing and waxing you'd have been O.K.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was on the other side of the motor. I shouldent have to check it . it a stock peace and it an oil sencore. the dealer might have losened up to check it and never tigened it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
A buddy of mine had a similar scare this week when the oil filler cap on his R6 went AWOL and spewed oil all up his leg, all over the side of his bike, and on the tire!!! We were in some medium twisties at the time too, and I still don't know how he didn't pitch it when he leaned right. Anyway, out in the middle of nowhere with very low oil and no cap. Sheeeesh. Something to be said for doing a thorough pre-flight inspection... ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.