Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAN, I am -1 in front on my 05 kawi 636 and i keep trying to stand up and get the bounce up wheelies up, but im not really scared, but more worried that i may pick it up, then just top out on the rpms when i get it up. whats a good way to practice bounce up "standing" wheelies?

·
Registered
27 Posts
try 2nd gear. go about 45, gas it, chop it, bounce on the pegs, immediately gas(practice on getting the timing on the sequences). dont forget baby steps. and if u cant get it right and u get frustrated quit for the day, try again nex time. dont stunt with too much shit in ur mind.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'd just keep practicing man; I am by no means a pro, but the first day I tried to bounce it I thought it was impossible. . By the third day I could bring it up every time.

The key for me was to bounce while on the throttle, works likes a charm. Keep that foot on the rear brake though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can bounce my stock 06 636 up from 40mph to 65mph. No sprockets.

My technique is start out about 10mph slower than where you want to bring it up... Then stand up and stick your butt back.

Now ease on the throttle to shift the weight back, WHILE accelerating easily bounce your feet down on the pegs, WOT, and it will come up.... Heres the trick, DO NOT HUMP THE TANK!!!!! Or it will come up, way up, then back down.

You need to get coumfy with literrally hanging off the bike. I describe it as holding onto a ladder going 70mph down the road.

Keep practicing, ive only got 3500 miles on my FIRST bike and i can ride it out as long as the road is straight now.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Originally posted by ZxAlucard6r
It is easy to clutch it up but bouncing it is so much easier on the bike.
bouncing it not so easy on the bike when you flip over backwards. when i was first was learning bounce wheelies, just like power wheelies it starts coming up slow and then you are rolling on the throttle to try to get it up and then WHAM!!!! you start hitting the power band and it flies up and wants to flip. with the clutch the rpms are dropping as its coming up instead of raising i.e. you use the power to bring it up and then you cruise off the power band where you dont need power just steady throttle. i have typed this same thing before in another thread so i guess this is kinda redundant and i guess everyone can ride their own bike like they want to.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will agree on the bouncing comment with looping it....

And i will admit i find myself clutching it up most of the time as it seems to be way easier to keep it around 50mph since i can clutch it at 40 and be in my BP around 50... Bouncing it up i gotta start at 40 and it doesnt get up high until at least 65... Im sure this will improve though as i work on my technique

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.