Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided tonight I was gonna get the damn headlight dome off...Well it's simpe enough to get it off, but now the damn thing wont fit through the hole to get it completly out... So I put it back on, and now i'm thinking the only way to get it off now is cut the dome in half with a dremel and pull each peice out seperate...
anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why would you guys take that off? I would think it's there to provide the best lighting you can have. It's a reflector beam light. It has to reflect off of something right?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I finally got it off last night, and it looks sweet. The headlights look like they are even, and they look like the are bulb...
I used a dremel to cut half of the dome, and the pushed the peices together, and it slipped right out the opening for the bulb.
This is the only pic I have of it right now, but i'll post more later if anyone wants to see how they look turned on...
/forum/uploads/members/2329/headlight-after2.jpg

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Inca: the dome that is inside the left headlight cover "hovering" over the bulb.

Chevy: post or pm me the pics. I should be getting around to mine this weekend.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
[:M90]

I just wanted an excuse to use it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay got a few more pics of it, since "this thread is worthless without pics" :D
The picture with both lights on - I didnt adjust the "low" beam side, so it looks a little off, but after I took the pic I went back and adjusted it, and now they look perfectly level.

/forum/uploads/members/2329/headlight3.jpg
/forum/uploads/members/2329/headlight.jpg
/forum/uploads/members/2329/headlight4.jpg
All you have to do is aim the "low" side up a little bit and they look identicle..

·
Registered
486 Posts
i was able to take off the dome without cuttin the dome in half... my way requires taking off the front fairing and headlights... bend the tabs in on the dome...let it fall in to the headlight... in between the 2 headlights there is a round hole with a rubber grommet in it... take out the rubber grommet and pull it out through there... that hole is a little bigger than the headlight bulb hole... might have to bend the dome a bit... but its still in 1 peice... no cuttin and no little particles/shavings from cuttin the dome... i guess my way is a bit of a hastle though...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.