Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding pretty hard today on a back way to where I was going when I underestimated a left curve after a long straight. I went in about 75mph on a 30 mph curve and went too wide. Than God I didn't touch the brakes. I held my lean in the grass and did my best to keep steady and look ahead to where I wanted to go. This proved difficult because in the corner of my eye all I could see was how close I was to the guard rail and wanted to look directly at it. I think I was within a foot and a half from smacking one of the 6x6 posts. She held like a champ though. It was quite the adrenaline rush. I'm glad I was wearing full gear. I'm pretty positive I would have hit that guard rail if I looked at it. That was a lot of faith to put in my bike. I'm glad she pulled through. I'm gonna lay off the twisties for a few days [:M70].

·
Registered
441 Posts
Would rather see you on a track than on the side of the road.
But, hey, I ain't gonna preach.

Kevin
Black '01 ZX-6R

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fl911Medic - I know better. Got a little to comfortable on the bike. Not gonna happen again. I did my EMT ride alongs on EVAC during bike week in '98 and saw my share of road rash. p.s. the adrenalin rush wasn't the good kind, it was the holy crap I think I just cheated death kind.

·
Resident Brit™
1,157 Posts
/me grins @ benny, glad ya pulled it out ok m8 could have gone for the worse. However at least you got to feel what she can do when you need her to so long as you remember the capabilities of the bike she should be good to get you out of alot more trouble than that.

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.