Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my new tires installed in june i see something not looking right, 3 out of 4 fork bolts down by the axle walked out, and the fourth was on hand tight. dealer told me this is normal [:M15] so after arguing forever i got 4 new bolts coming woohooo... would my axle have walked out to the side or was i still safe?

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Completely normal. All of us loose bolts after tire changes. Did they actually expect you to believe that crap? [:M99] That's an insult to your intelligence.

I don't know if it would have walked, but whatever. That's not right! I'm just glad it didn't turn into something worse.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, yeah the manager was nice, but they were trying to play me for a fool. im a serivce writer for toyota, i know the game try to protect the tech, but your right it was insulting,. i guess 500 bucks for a couple tires is not enough $$$ to get everything tourqed to the correct spec.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
do it urself nextime, problem solved. i don't let nobody touch my bike for reasons like u posted.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Originally posted by jc-zx6rr
i got my new tires installed in june i see something not looking right, 3 out of 4 fork bolts down by the axle walked out, and the fourth was on hand tight. dealer told me this is normal [:M15] so after arguing forever i got 4 new bolts coming woohooo... would my axle have walked out to the side or was i still safe?
Yeah, normal for a Harley.
Err, I hate stupid mechanics. Geez, $500..really? Did he wear a sandpaper condom too?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.