Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. i'm from kauai, hawaii and i will be buying a ninja 250 as soon as i sell my honda. i've been reading up on here for about a month and decided to join. i talked it over with a lot of people and a lot of them taunted me for not starting on a 600. any who, i feel it would be better for me to start in a 250 and decide to upgrage or not later. i do have a quick question though; how much is a 2004 ninja 250 with 40k miles and minimal to no scratches worth? the scratch is no larger than an inch long. thanks everyone:)

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
There seems to be a lot of you from Hawaii sporting the 250's! Welcome :p

That seems to be a lot of miles (although normal for a bike that's 4 years old I suppose). The way bikes depreciate 40k on the odometer could be viewed similar to 100,000-120,000 of a regular car. So the value of the bike on that alone would drop to 1/3 to 1/2 of the new price. So I'm saying $1,000-$1,500 TOPS! :p But that's just my opinion.

G

·
:plusone: on the price

it is a lot of miles, but if the bike was actually maintained (constant oil changes, etc) then u should be safe

·
Registered
127 Posts
Man hearing all this pidgeon makes me want to go back home. I was born & raised in Kalihi. Wish I was back home, all my boys back home stay riding now. I know get some good rides out there ah on kauai. Congrats on the purchase brah...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Man hearing all this pidgeon makes me want to go back home. I was born & raised in Kalihi. Wish I was back home, all my boys back home stay riding now. I know get some good rides out there ah on kauai. Congrats on the purchase brah...
aloha, brah!! where you stay??? :)

click on the link in my sig for a ride up waimea canyon road. :Bike:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
where u at now cydalr?......maybee u should take a vacation here some time..kkim, its my friends bike in hanamaulu a blue one. ive been riding it and hopefully when i sell my CRX i can go pick it up. whose one is that in waimea u mentioned? and are u related to aaron kim by any chance?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
where u at now cydalr?......maybee u should take a vacation here some time..kkim, its my friends bike in hanamaulu a blue one. ive been riding it and hopefully when i sell my CRX i can go pick it up. whose one is that in waimea u mentioned? and are u related to aaron kim by any chance?
seen a silver one on the side of the road for sale... sorry, can't remember excactly where I saw it... by the seed company, maybe?? :(

ak is my son

40K is a lot of miles, btw.

http://ninja250.kingston.net/ninja-value.html

how much is he asking?

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
seen a silver one on the side of the road for sale... sorry, can't remember excactly where I saw it... by the seed company, maybe?? :(

ak is my son

40K is a lot of miles, btw.

http://ninja250.kingston.net/ninja-value.html

how much is he asking?

:Laughing rolling: for the described 250r the calculator spat out "$325.68". That's getting into the "And throw in a case of beer" type negotiating!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
now to think of it..it was either 4k or 40k...i need to double check. he said to make an offer so i need to look at the odometer again. do you drive your green bike on the wessai often? if so, ur bike sounds good, looksa good as well. i dont remember seeing that bike near pioneer, unless it was near syngenta. still i dont really remember. haha...sooo AK is your son, kauai is way too small. do you know if he moved foward much with his BMW project?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I stay da kine, in San Diego now. I sill get best of both worlds, close to da beach and I get my local grinds from da kine L&L. Get one place here called Kealani's, where every saturday they get da hawaiian plate special. Lau lau with lomi lomi salmon, ho... broke da mouth everytime. The ferry stay going to Kauai yet or what? I heard what, maui was the furthest. I'm planning on making a visit back to da islands next year. Hopefully I can, so I can hit up the local spots like Rainbow drive in lie dat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I stay da kine, in San Diego now. I sill get best of both worlds, close to da beach and I get my local grinds from da kine L&L. Get one place here called Kealani's, where every saturday they get da hawaiian plate special. Lau lau with lomi lomi salmon, ho... broke da mouth everytime. The ferry stay going to Kauai yet or what? I heard what, maui was the furthest. I'm planning on making a visit back to da islands next year. Hopefully I can, so I can hit up the local spots like Rainbow drive in lie dat.

mean da stuff den. no da ferry no come hea yet. da hippies always protestin bout da ting and otha stupid ppl. at least u get fo eat laulau lidat...u no miss da islands dat much den. hopefully u get da chance fo come bak nex year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.