Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed my boot choices down to these two.

These will be used for the street and trackdays.

What I'm looking for from you guys are comfort issues since they will be used for street riding also. I'm not planning on running a marathon in them, but would like to be able to go for short walks without them killing my feet.

Please share you experiences with these particular boots.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Either boot will be comfortable after it is broken-in, but the Sidi boot will be comfortable right away. Like most boots, the Sidi will squeak while you walk until you take a bit of lube to the joints.

Both boots are good choices. Choose the one you like.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob, I can always count on good advice from you.

I didn't get to make it to the track this past weekend, but I'll be introducing myself to ya the first chance I get.

I'll be there tomorrow, hopefully to see Colin make a few laps.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would try them both on before purchasing. I have the Sidi's. I was originally gonna get the A-stars, but the toe box was way too narrow.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I would love to be able to try them on first, but the local shops don't carry a good selection of gear.

One shop has ordered me a pair of the A-stars to try. He said if I didn't like them, he would just put them on the shelf to sell. Pretty cool of them to do that.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have the Sidi myself. First I had the Strada, which is like the Vertebra minus all the armor and toe-sliders, but I crashed big time in those. They did a hell of a job. Then I bought t Vertebra race, they are very comfortable. I can and have actually worn them for an entire day and felt fine. Check them out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a pair of the Alpinestars SMX and have no complaints except that the velcro is wearing out and doesn't grip that well any more. I am going to have to get it replaced.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I got my used SIDI Vertebra's from Ebay a few days ago. Waiting for better weather to test them. But they are more comfortable to walk than I expected. Nice boots.

Do I need to wax them or something to keep, while they are not used through the winter?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.