Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hit every bike shop near me and have scoured the internet with no luck. I need 2 things to complete my bike.

Would love to see if anyone else might have some luck in helping me locate these things.

TIA!:cool:

08 Kaw Ninja 250

Pink Gel Grips- no motocross ones thank you.:)

Pink Windscreen-I do not want to paint the one I have, that imo looks like shit. (No offense, just my personal taste may be different from yours.);)

Oh and mods......feel free to move this if you feel its posted in the wrong section. thanks

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I would think that when you're riding it there would be enough "pink parts" on your bike!:D

Not sure where to get them, but I would be wary of getting pink grips...seems like something that would get dirty and dingy pretty quickly with daily riding make your bike look bad.

·
Powerhungry
38,380 Posts
I would think that when you're riding it there would be enough "pink parts" on your bike!:D

Not sure where to get them, but I would be wary of getting pink grips...seems like something that would get dirty and dingy pretty quickly with daily riding make your bike look bad.
yeh huh, my gel grips are a bitch to clean. not that i do...but i can only imagine.

might have to contact the company, and see if they can dye some specifically for you. might cost a bit more. but it could be the only way.

and why not dirtbike grips? im sure theres some in pink.

·
Registered
647 Posts
youd have to probably get a custom pink windscreen, we barely can get dark smoked ones being that. and for jel grips, you are on your own, sorrie.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Not quite enuff pink yet, just the two things and my Arlen Ness Dragon Decal and I'll be good.:D

Not too worried about them getting dirty, if I keep up on wiping them down weekly it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm pretty good about keeping my bike spotless.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh huh, my gel grips are a bitch to clean. not that i do...but i can only imagine.

might have to contact the company, and see if they can dye some specifically for you. might cost a bit more. but it could be the only way.

and why not dirtbike grips? im sure theres some in pink.
There are some in pink, but the dealer I was talking to yesterday said they will be very uncomfortable for me as much as I ride. :( So I'd rather not waste the money on them. I think if I could find a company to dye some for me that could be an option. Thanks.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heh, honestly..it prob SHOULD be in the 250 section..ironcially enough.
And now it is. TY:p Though it would have probably gotten more traffic in the 2 wheel, since everyone hates the 250 section:cool:....lol

·
Powerhungry
38,380 Posts
There are some in pink, but the dealer I was talking to yesterday said they will be very uncomfortable for me as much as I ride. :( So I'd rather not waste the money on them. I think if I could find a company to dye some for me that could be an option. Thanks.
well, theyre VERY cheap. you could just try some. i think mine(atv) were less than $10.(ebay)

in fact my pro grips, on my 636 were only like $12 from my dealer, of all places.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, theyre VERY cheap. you could just try some. i think mine(atv) were less than $10.(ebay)

in fact my pro grips, on my 636 were only like $12 from my dealer, of all places.
My dealer wanted like $25. I'm not cheap and don't mind spending the money, but it would be like throwing away $ cause they would be useless to me if they don't work out.

·
Powerhungry
38,380 Posts
My dealer wanted like $25. I'm not cheap and don't mind spending the money, but it would be like throwing away $ cause they would be useless to me if they don't work out.
different dealer, or online/ebay.
i LOVE the grips on my atv. very comfy compared to the stockers.
NOT as soft as on my 636. they cant be, offroad they get worked so much more. theyd just disintegrate.

if your riding the way you should, and NOT using a death grip, id guess theyd be just fine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Damn, Dizzy. I don't know if it's the angle in the photo, but you make the bike look HUGE!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
different dealer, or online/ebay.
i LOVE the grips on my atv. very comfy compared to the stockers.
NOT as soft as on my 636. they cant be, offroad they get worked so much more. theyd just disintegrate.

if your riding the way you should, and NOT using a death grip, id guess theyd be just fine.
I dont use the death grip any more....lol I guess I could probably try them out, just was really hoping for some gel ones from Pro Grip or something. Pink and black would be sweet.:D

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn, Dizzy. I don't know if it's the angle in the photo, but you make the bike look HUGE!
Yeah, I haven't heard that one before right guys?:rolleyes: LOL I'm 5'5 and 110, so yeah it's me....lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Ok sorry to bring this post back up, but I have a bit of a noob question about grips. Are there different sizes? I heard the throttle size grip is larger diameter. I've seen "120mm" listed in different places. Is that set going to fit both sides? Also I see "open end" grips. I'm guessing since we have bar ends on the 250, we need the "closed end" type instead??

Thanks!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dizzy how about Tinting the stock screen. check out a good window tinter and see if they can order colors... should not be too expensive. And if you don't like it you haven't toasted the screen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts