Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I wore my leather into work today, since it is much warmer than my mesh. And all would be well, except that we have rain/storms on the way. So, I need a new jacket. I am looking for ideas on one that is "waterproof" (outer shell instead of liner is preferred) and can easily be altered to handle a variety of temperatures/conditions. It will be used for touring and commuting.

$400 max is what I can spend, so lets keep it in there. New, not used (don't ask, it just bugs me, personal issue).

Brands that are in consideration: Rev'it, Dianese, and A*. Open to other reputable brands of decent quality.

· Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,532 Posts

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may want to check Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum, their expertise is in things such as this.
I am a very active inmate over there :D

Just looking for more opinions. Sadly, there are one or two "vocal" members (who happen to be dealers) that have hijacked my threads on ADV and turned them into why I should buy super expensive brands that they carry....

· Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,532 Posts
Tourmaster is good, so is Teknic. And on the less expensive end of the spectrum. I love my AGV Sport jacket as well, and being that they don't do much in the name of gear sales here you can sometimes find their stuff cheap.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tourmaster is good, so is Teknic. And on the less expensive end of the spectrum. I love my AGV Sport jacket as well, and being that they don't do much in the name of gear sales here you can sometimes find their stuff cheap.
Just saw an AVG on Revzilla. Didn't even know they made jackets. So they would be worth considering?

Tourmaster always looks like old folks gear.....

I'll check Teknic's gear. I have some gloves from them and I am only so-so on if I like them.

· Ninja Bike Forum Mod
22,532 Posts
Yes. Quality gear from AGV. My one piece leather is from them as well.

Re: Tourmaster. Kind of, but it's gonna be that way with the waterproof stuff.

· Registered
5,994 Posts

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear lots of good things about Olympia.

But my brother pointed out a good thing, I should really look at a "system" rather than a single piece. Even if I am only buying the jacket now, I need one that will work with about two types of pants (overpant and riding pant) and pants that might work with 2 or 3 jackets (leather, touring/commuting/rain, mesh).

· Registered
5,994 Posts

· Registered
715 Posts
You may want to check Adventure Rider Motorcycle Forum, their expertise is in things such as this.
+1 bro, but for watching the flea market. There have been some great deals going through there lately. There was a full Rev'it Sand suit that would have been perfect for you that went at around 1/2 off retail IIRC. If I was buying an ADV type suit the Sand is what I would want.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oooops, yeah... SZR is actually my brother. "+1 bro" in this case really meant brother. :)
Which reminds me, can you go water the garden? It looked a bit dry this morning and I think we are losing a tomato or two.

And I don't know why, but buying used jackets/pants bothers me. Less so than a used helmet, but still....

Reactions: 03Black636
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.