Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like the battery could be shot. A battery thats having trouble holding charge will have similar symptoms.
The alternator also could display similar symptoms, these can be hard to diagnose.

As for trying to shift into neutral while stopped, if you just roll the bike a bit(like an inch or two) it will drop into neutral . Think of trying to change gears on a bicycle while not moving, it does not work, you need to move it slightly. The gears on the bike are similar.

------

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Before you buy a new battery though, make sure the connections on it are not corroded and are tight. A bad connection will cause weird starting symptoms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just my first bike, it's an older zx6r, and i love it already. i've had it a few weeks and just recently i let my buddy try it out and he stalled it quite a few times and then it wouldn't start any more, since then i've had trouble getting it to start and usually need to give it a quick charge before it starts. i thought it is the alternator but i called the guy at the garage and he said it was probably the starter or the battery, what do you guys think because i would like to try and fix it myself.

i also sometimes have trouble shifting the bike into neutral when i'm stopped and also going into second is sometimes really easy and smooth and other times i can't get it to shift or it goes into neutral, any tips or tricks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.