Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm around 9 320miles on my stock brake pads and there's pretty much done for..

So I ask about new pads on another forum of mine.. and some guy says that I'm probably braking too hard to get through them in ''only'' 9000 miles and that he's at 40 389 miles on his stock pads and they're still good..

what the hell am I doing wrong with my brakes? lol

what I know about my braking system is that there may be some air in the lines, and that my 636 sleeps outside all the time. could rust on the rotors or the fact that I have to squeeze my lever harder has anything to do with this?

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
44,665 Posts
I think I swapped my front pads around 10 or 11K miles and I'm pretty easy on brakes though I've been learning to brake harder at track days. Not sure of your riding style but the saying goes, "ya gotta brake harder to go faster." My guess is your fine. I read guys saying the get 6-7K miles out of a rear tire too but I never will.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haven't done any trackdays yet..

would it be wise to stay in the 'stock' brake pads market with my braking habits?

I wanted to try out EBC HH sintered pads out of curiosity and getting some pads experience.. But I don't want to change my rotors next season lol...

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Why would changing to the HH pads mean that you need to change rotors? As long as the rotors measure within spec, you won't need to change them. Go with the HH pads. And don't worry about your braking. You aren't doing anything abnormal to make them wear out fast. Like 6RracerMP said, you aren't braking like a pansy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where can I get these HH pads and how much ?I have 7000 miles on my pads and I am ready to change them.Not cause they are done but I think 7000 is enough.Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xtremewlr I was asking that because HH supposedly chews up a bit more the rotors than stock pads, and if I am to go through pads at this rate, I'm afraid to have to change my rotors way before the ''normal'' time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.