Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

am i running lean will it cause damage? zx6r

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Rob_ZX636R 
#1 ·
hello guys, i need advice, i have a 2005 zx636r, the only modification i have done is an aftermarket Scorpion end can, now i have some questions,
1, i believe im running lean, i have upped my tick over to 12000 revs so it wont stall,

2, from reading alot on this forum im lead to believe that i am running lean and that the only way to correct this is to purchase a power commander and also obtain the correct map for my setup, how much is this true,

3, if i am running lean, then i believe in the long term im ruining my cylinders,

so please guys please give me feedback, cause i want to know if i should stop riding my bike if i am causing longterm internal damage, i cannot afford a power commander at the moment due to buying a house, thankyou for any advice back, much appreciated, Rob

#4 ·
The majority of bikes run lean low down in the rev range to help them pass the euro emission regulations.Even with the stock can on it'll probably be running lean.I wouldn't worry about any damage to your bike.I would recommend getting a PC when you've got the funds,made a massive difference to my midrange and really smoothed out the throttle response and sorted my fluffy idle I had since sticking the Akra can on.I was going to get a custom map done but the map I got from their site feels good enough to me.

#5 ·
I have a scorpion also and if you search the scorpion website you will see that they develop their cans to not need tuning with a pc unless you want to. I have had no problems with mine and although it is running a tad lean it is nothing to cause concern over. The only thing that running lean will do is cause your engine temps to rise by a few degrees unless you are way to lean then you will have problems burning up pistons and what not but with just the slip on you should not have any problems like that.

#6 ·
Originally posted by 1FAST05
I have a scorpion also and if you search the scorpion website you will see that they develop their cans to not need tuning with a pc unless you want to. I have had no problems with mine and although it is running a tad lean it is nothing to cause concern over. The only thing that running lean will do is cause your engine temps to rise by a few degrees unless you are way to lean then you will have problems burning up pistons and what not but with just the slip on you should not have any problems like that.
ah, but im lead to believe they dont need tuning you cause u buy there Elegal stamped end can, but once you remove the db killer you then mess up the setting slightly, so im in believe they mean you dont need any tuning aslong as you run the end can legally or how they wanted you to, ofcourse i pulled out the db killer before i even started the bike with the can on, :) i will get a power comander soon, but i want to do it with k and ns, i fancy hearing some nice throttle tone, unless the noise from the scorpion blocks it out, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.