Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommy Hayden did everything in his power to pull off the AMA Superstock Championship on his ZX636R, but fell just short. Well sort of. He really outscored everyone by a fairly wide margin over the season, but two penalties for post-race inspection faults ended up costing him the championship trophies. He won at Barber to beat Josh Hayes on the day, but couldn't overcome the 8-point defecit (again, thanks to losing 20+ points for the penalties over the season... argh... sorry I'm bitter)... Ah well, second and fourth overall for our beloved ZX-6R's in the 750 class this year, guess we can't complain. (Did I mention those stupid penalties cost Tommy the Championship ???) :(

Read about the Superstock Championship here

But just to make a point, Hayden also took the checkers first in a hard-fought 600 Supersport race at Barber on his ZX6RR. Too bad it took the first half of the season for the Kawasaki camp to get the 6RR on track, because in the second half it was more than competitive, and Tommy was able to stick the green meanie up front regularly, but by this point already a non-contender for the series title.

Read about the Supersport Championship here

As for the AMA Superbike final, congrats to Mat Mladin for being the class (despite often lacking class) of the field in 2003. There was little doubt all season long that the Suzuki's were going to be the bikes to beat. Eric Bostrom gave it a good run (and was actually hanging right with them) until the season-ending injury at Laguna Seca, but hey, Tommy Kipp piloted his Candian Kawasaki Superbike ZX7RR to a respectable 7th overall at Barber race two... not too shabby considering he was only finishing around that spot in the Canadian Superbike series!

Read about the Superbike Championship here

Congrats Tommy on a pretty impressive season despite not being handed the number one plate (did I mention the stoopid officials took away the points from a race win Tommy had that woulda won him the title ???)

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

There was little doubt all season long that the Suzuki's were going to be the bikes to beat. Eric Bostrom gave it a good run (and was actually hanging right with them) until the season-ending injury at Laguna Seca,
Taken out by a Suzi of course. :(

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Rob Lee

I was at the track for the races, and Tommy was quite impressive where I stood.
(1) He was impressive from where I stood as well (in my living room hundreds of miles away...)

(2) You lucky, lucky b-tard !!! ;) Mind you, at least you got a little wet while you were there. Now I feel better... [}:)]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(insert "swammi" smilie here...)

You are, as I've always said Rob, da man...

And I may just see you in FLA next season mister ! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.