Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously am starting to think that people in Honda's don't like those of us on sport bikes. Was on our main drag that is 6 lanes across, 3 for each direction of travel. Was in the far right east bound lane going by a slow moving Honda Accord, about dead even with their passenger rear fender when they started quickly moving into my lane! I'm glad that I do two things in traffic, when overtaking a car, I pay fairly close attention to them, and keep my bike in a lower gear so im in the power band at all times. I quickly tapped on the horn, swerved as far right as I dared, and went WOT and zipped around them. Flame me if you want for going WOT rather than getting on the brakes, I don't care. If I would have tried to slow down quickly I would have wound up going down because there wasn't enough room in the lane for both of us, and the cage is always going to win in a collision.

Then when turning onto my street, took the corner a little too hot and scraped my lower fairing. The turn onto my street has a pretty small dip, but it was enough to bottom out doing a 90 degree corner onto a wide street doing 35mph. Guess I shouldn't really say bottom out, cuz the suspension just compressed enough to scrape on the upside of the small dip. But at least I know my lil 250 will take crap like that and not even come close to feeling like it doesn't want to hold it's line.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FightingFalcon, I don't spend any more time next to a cage than necessary either. They were going slow, I was going fairly fast, they just decided to move over as I got next to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.