Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. I know that I was not being true to Kawasaki but I found myself in the Honda dealar today while I was at lunch. I origonaly went in there to look at helmets but I could not help but notice lots and lots of CBR600RRs. Naturally I sat on one just to see how diffrent it felt from mine. Didnt feel to bad, almost comfortable. Any way I kept looking around and decided that there had to be atleast 25 or more RRs on the show room floor. Well I counted and they had 32 2003 CBR600RRs on the floor. I could not beleive it, what are they builing an army of those things or what. They only had one RCT on the floor and two interceptors. Other than that it was the RRs and some motor cross bikes and ATV's. I found this funny and excessive, and thought that I would share.

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
558 Posts
Originally posted by cyberdos

Good. I love it when i'm the only one with a 6r on the road.
i love it too. i get all grins when i cruise the boulevard and it's gxr, gxr, gxr, r6, r6, r6, r1, oh shit whats that? :D

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Honda is the worst manuf when it comes to sticking dealers with product. Their required to take so much and when it comes time for your next allotment, you'd better be ready. Their margins are crap. They deal in volume. The problem is that they sell much better than anyone else. They advertise more, they have better promotions and the dealers know that they get bodies in the store. Next to HD, they're the biggest complaint our clients have.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Originally posted by -gary

Honda is the worst manuf when it comes to sticking dealers with product. Their required to take so much and when it comes time for your next allotment, you'd better be ready. Their margins are crap. They deal in volume. The problem is that they sell much better than anyone else. They advertise more, they have better promotions and the dealers know that they get bodies in the store. Next to HD, they're the biggest complaint our clients have.
Your clients complain because Honda advertises their bikes? I don't quite see what your point is supposed to be.

Now if what you are trying to say is if to make the same amount of profit off the sale of a ZX6R, you have to sell 2 F4i's, then I can understand the dealers being a bit upset. But if what you say is true, and Honda's are easier to sell in the first place, then what's the big deal?

The one thing I see with Honda having an advantage over all the other manufacturers is the fact that they also have a very successful automotive line, and at the end of the year, if need be, they can tidy up any losses, dump more money into R&D, or yet more money into advertising for the next year. Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Suzuki can't even dream of doing that.

Imagine what would happen if Toyota started building bikes, though. ;)
BC.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
The problem is Honda doesn't care how much floor stock you have and they force you to take a much larger number of units than the other OEM's besides their smaller margins. If you don't have room for a new shipment, you'd better buy a warehouse or sell em cheap, cause a truck is coming whether you like it or not. Don't play by their rules and you're out of the program. That's the catch. They're a pain do deal with, but they sell and they get bodies in the door. Dealers make the real money on P&A and service, not the actual sell.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
If that's the case, then I should be able to pick up a new Honda for dirt cheap if I can get the inside scoop on when Honda forces more bikes into my local shop, correct? If the shop has no room for more bikes, but Honda sends some anyway, they have to get rid of them, right?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Yep. That or they try and push the Hondas over everything else first.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I honestly think Honda shot themselves in the foot with the new CBR600RR in releasing it SO DAMN LATE. In the meantime, PLENTY of prospective buyers have had time to spend examining the R6, the 6R, and all the FANTASTIC deals on '03 Gixxers. I have spoken to several honda dealers about this and the general consensus is that the wait for release has KILLED sales for the bike. Honda expected everyone to wait, but guess what, people want to ride, not wait. And those Kawis and Yamahas get sweeter the more you wait. Funny part is, my local dealer told me they're still selling more 6R's and Gixxers than the new Hondas !!! (Not a Yammie dealer, carries the other big 3)...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Agree with DJ -- even over here, despite all the oohs and aahhhs about how great the CBR600RR looks, no one is picking it up because the budget's been blown on the ZX-6R or the R6. Even the ZX-6RR moved faster than the CBR600RR.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting comments guys. I didnt think that Honda would do that to itself. But what ever works for them I guess. They dont care what the dealer gets for the bikes because if the dealer has to deal with it then the factory has already got their money. After looking at a whole lot of RR's up close and personal I dont think that I like the way that they look. Other than the swing arm and the under tail muffler the bike is just plain honda. But like I said, what ever works.

Mr. Speed

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hmm, I haven't seen any sales figures and I may be more aware of kawis since I own one as well but for every cbr600rr I see three zx6r's over here, especially at track days.

Over here the list price for the kawi&suzuki are 1K cheaper than the yami or honda(600rr)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Jeez, you go to a track day here and almost all you see is Suzuki and Yamaha. There are a few Hondas, mostly RC51s, and me on my Kawi[8D]

·
Registered
618 Posts
Although Kawasaki is in my blood, if they didn't exist I would own a CBR600RR. Very comfy bike, and power that belies its weight. A good purchase in my book.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Three budies bought bikes this year; Myself and another guy both a 6R while the third guy bought a CBR600RR. I've personally driven the Honda and must say that it is a very comfortable bike to be on, I'm almost tempted to say that it beats the kawi, but handling and power can't even be compared. Absolutely everyone who tries both bikes (and it's happened quite a bit) are really impressed with the Kawi and disapointed in the 600RR. The owner of the Honda gets frustrated with his bike at times cause he can't do with it what he'd like (he owned an R6 before the Honda). That being said, I don't think he'd go back to the 600RR if he'd start shopping again.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I really don't like the 600rr, I don't really know why, I just don't. As for 600's the R6 would have been my second choice. Seeing this is my second zx6r I still love my kawi's.[^]

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love it when peeps stop me to ask me what type of bike i have. Over here in italy my red bike stands out. They don't sell red ones here in europe. Nothing like being the Highlander!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.