Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. As most of you have read, I have been on here for a bit and just bought an 08 Z1000 at the beginning of August. As all you know, no more Z1000s for 09. The strange thing is that where I live, Lincolnton, NC which is basically a suburb of Charlotte, every where I go on my Z, it get lots of attention. People on bikes pull up beside me at stop lights just compliment it and wonder what the heck it is. If I go into a store, people walk by it stop, look, and seem to be taken by the bike. I know these bikes only strike a cord with us the owners, mostly because we like the naked look. However, I don't think these bikes aren't popular just because they're naked. I think it's the lack of a marketing campaign for the bike. The crotchers have of course the easy path because you see one at every corner. It's those guys who stop beside me and ask. They have never even seen one. I however am the only owner of a Z in my city and for probably miles around it. Yet everyone that see's it loves it. Naked or not. Just an observation. Have you guys or girls experienced anything similar to this?

·
Registered
558 Posts
crap...they discontinued it for 09??? damn that sucks.

I read on the riderforums that alot of guys have 40-60,000 miles on their first gen Z with just oil changes, spark plugs, and chains & sprockets. These are durable bikes that should last a long time. its a good thing, especially if kawi discontinued it. I want a 2nd gen someday :[

I kind of got the impression that nakeds were catching on in the USA, I mean Kawi brought the ER6N over here for 09...why woudl they not continue the Z1000???

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get the same reaction on my 04. Might be that the American sport rider likes the ss bikes better. The Z its a great bike with lots of torque.

BTW the ER6N is sick!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think most people are afraid of the Z due to the power it puts out. The ER6 will actually be a good excuse the expression, "litmus test". With all the new riders, many are not so quick to jump on something so powerful. The ER6 will offer a new genre without the scary power to those who want to get into riding.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nobody buys naked bikes on this side of the pond. They are too busy worrying if other people think they are some racer like on TV.

Plus people here are typically more spread out in their driving habits so the lack of wind protection could influence some people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts