Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(:(so apperntly when cops are bored in winter park they pull bikes over and give them $71 bullshit tickets for "not having a white light on the plate":(:(:(:(:(

UUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
I just wadded up my "fender elimimator" and shredded my tag, bracket and light. I came over a hill crest kind of fast and I heard a terrible noise. Slammed it right through my swing arm and into my underfairing. Made a mess out of my undertail. I hope I don't run into the same kind of cops down here. (I got zip ties goin on right now for my tag.) Several of you have asked how I made my fender eliminator, well I don't suggest you make like I did. I can't believe that after seven months and ten thousand miles of agressive riding, I finally came down too hard and my undertail ate my tag. DAMMIT! I guess there is a reason the make that ugly fender extend the tag wayyy outside the tire. Of course I do weigh nearly 200lbs. Any of you other fat asses have simular problems???

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he said i could request a hearing if i wanted to..... the more i think about it the more it pisses me off

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
wow today is not your day....first you get cutt off by cagers and now you get pulled over by a cop? sucks....

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by BcVulcan
Of course I do weigh nearly 200lbs. Any of you other fat asses have simular problems???
I don't think it is your weight that caused the tag to hit. Under acceleration and turning G forces your suspension can compress far more than any weight you could exert on your own. Several riders on here weigh as much or more than 200 lbs and haven't had problems with their tags. You may want to check into adjusting your sag to your weight and riding style. It will not only save you from destroying bike parts, but it will give you more stability in turns and faster straight line acceleration.

My old roommate had his plate directly above his tire. After a month or so of riding the middle number had been completely rubbed off the plate, paint and all, from the tire rubbing under heavy load.

So you aren't alone in your adventures.

Give fenderkit.com a try. I think its $50 or so and it comes wired for the LEDs so you won't receive any more of those revenue generating tickets.

G

·
that sux dude. with my tag being where it is, i realize im asking for trouble. i hate how fender eliminators place the tag right at the tip of the muffler making it look like another mudflap. yea i risk a ticket, but thats where the tag is staying. its ok i have the money :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
rkm635... i want an eliminator like that but i'm going to be getting an akra soon. the only kit i've seen is the jardine one that looks like crap.

anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
443 Posts
p.s. on a local forum i frequent someone said hpd (honolulu p.d.) ticketed him for riding with one hand while he was resting his other. cops suck everywhere.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i kinda made that one using L brackets that you can get from walmart/home depot and some LH turn signals. It's kinda ghetto for lack of better words but it cleaned up pretty well.

·
Powerhungry
38,189 Posts
yeh really...there is a law saying u gotta have the lght. dont break the law=dont get popped.
haha but ive got integrated signals..i know that shit aint legal either.....ohwell....we do what we want and pay for it when we have to

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I got an 80 dollar ticket for vertical plate on swingarm, I'm still waiting on the court date.

If they continue to keep this shit up, a lot more riders are going to resort to high speed chases than previously.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i'm about an hour away from you and cops are behind me all the time and they never say anything. the cops in this area are real laid back, only stop you if you're doing wheelies and stuff

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
i even got pulled over once and the cop just asked me to tone it down a bit

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
yeh really...there is a law saying u gotta have the lght. dont break the law=dont get popped.
haha but ive got integrated signals..i know that shit aint legal either.....ohwell....we do what we want and pay for it when we have to
Exactly. I got a fix-it ticket for my plate once, I didn't even move it and got them to sign it off as fixed, it's sometimes a subjective issue whether you get the ticket or not. At least in California that would be a fix-it ticket and it only costs $10 to get it dismissed. But the truth is, if it's illegal, it's illegal no matter how petty you think it is. I lost a nephew to a hit and run cop (apparently, it has not been determined yet if that is what exactly happened, although it is almost certain that it was a cop); now that would be a reason to hate cops, but I don't. I hate cops that abuse their power and pull shit like that, but I know that one bad cop doesn't mean they are all bad.

I got a speeding ticket a while back after bullshiting with the cop for about 20 minutes about New York and other shit. I thought I was going to get away with a warning, but he still gave me the ticket for a lot less than my actual speed; even though I still got the ticket, I didn't bad mouth the cop. Bottom line: I was speeding, had he given me the ticket for the full infraction, I was still the one that was wrong. I love it when people bitch about cops when they are doing their job and trust me, I'm not a cop defender, but only when it is something legit, not petty bullshit like this...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Originally posted by rkm625
:(:(so apperntly when cops are bored in winter park they pull bikes over and give them $71 bullshit tickets for "not having a white light on the plate":(:(:(:(:(

UUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!
winter park PD is a bunch of cocksuckers...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.